Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,970 Members 49,166 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GUIDE] Enable AWS on Samsung Galaxy IV AT&T i337 & Canadian i337M

Tip us?

zaryan
Old
(Last edited by zaryan; 21st October 2013 at 11:17 PM.) Reason: thanking donation
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 98

DONATE TO ME
Post [GUIDE] Enable AWS on Samsung Galaxy IV AT&T i337 & Canadian i337M

This guide will help you enable AWS on AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 i337 or Canadian Samsung Galaxy S4 i337M
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All Files Have been Included In The Attachment ( See Below )

Instructions

1. Copy phoneutil.apk to your phone & Install it on your phone, go to myfiles (on your phone), browse and install it.

2. Run & Install QPST Setup build 323

3. Disconnect your phone from computer and Dial *#7284# on your phone dialer.

4. Wait & Choose “Qualcomm USB settings”

5. Choose “RNDIS + DM + MODEM” then connect to computer again.

6.Your windows will install driver

7. Next, open up Device Manager on your computer and find “Samsung Mobile USB Serial Port” under Ports.
Make a note of the COM number (usually the second one)

8. Start QPST Confirguration application

9. Press Add New port, Uncheck “Show Serial and USB/QC Diagnostic ports only”, choose the COM port with the number you noted earlier then hit “OK”.

10. Choose “Start Clients” and choose “SOFTWARE DOWNLOAD”.

11. Choose the “Backup” tab, hit “Browse” for Port and choose your COM number, hit “Browse” for QCN File and make a new file name for the QCN file you will be making a backup of. We will be backing up the NV Memory on your phone just in case you mess up something. Then hit Start.

12. Hit the “Restore” tab, set Port to your COM number. Next, choose the QCN File as “337_AWS.qcn”. (I have attached below)
Then hit “Start” button. If you get a warning just hit “OK”.

13. Once that’s done restoring, your phone will reboot. Just give it about a minute as it will reboot. Once rebooted, you can insert your T-Mobile/Wind/Mobilicity SIM card and start enjoying

Tested 100% Works with all AWS network flawlessly.

FAQ

Will this void my warranty?
No.
What to do if i get this error ? "The model number in the QCN file and the phone do not match. Do you still want to restore the phone with this file?"
It is safe to continue
Will it work with other networks Rogers, Bell, Fido ?
Yes.
Phone has to be sim unlocked for this patch to work?
Yes, phone should be sim unlocked

You are responsible on following the instructions carefully, instructions are provided assuming user has adequate knowledge to carry out basic operations. For those who know, this is done exactly the same way the NOTE 2 was done.

Special Thanks: to FastGsm.com for the phoneutil.apk
I would also like to thank the XDA Team and all those members who'd come up with this idea on the note 2 & before, indeed it wouldn't have been possible without them, originally by sjravi and other respected members

Now Buy me a coffee Donate
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...=R49VLCBR45322

Attachment:
QPST Software: Download
All Other Files: Download

chen sheng - thanks for donation
Saad Al Haddawi - thanks for donation
Pierluigi Zamparella - thanks!
Hit Thanks If I have Helped You

I wish I can buy S4 soon
The Following 73 Users Say Thank You to zaryan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

WorldIRC
Old
Thanks Meter 92

DONATE TO ME
Before and after...

Sent from my SGH-I337M
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1369289242173.jpg
Views:	14071
Size:	108.9 KB
ID:	1984306   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1369289250123.jpg
Views:	14375
Size:	120.7 KB
ID:	1984307  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WorldIRC For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

WorldIRC
Old
(Last edited by WorldIRC; 23rd May 2013 at 07:24 AM.)
Thanks Meter 92

DONATE TO ME
OP - Can you please add mention and thanks to the team here on XDA that originally discovered this workaround for prior Samsung models -- I believe they deserve the majority of thanks as it was their methods that make today's methods possible.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WorldIRC For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sonny21
Old
(Last edited by sonny21; 23rd May 2013 at 10:49 AM.)
Thanks Meter 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldIRC View Post
OP - Can you please add mention and thanks to the team here on XDA that originally discovered this workaround for prior Samsung models -- I believe they deserve the majority of thanks as it was their methods that make today's methods possible.
I was about to point that out. The methods of previous model that prior known to work is EXACT SAME, just the little app which allows us to access that menu for S4. I also would like to know about band 2600 and if it stays intact for Rogers/Bell.

WorldIRC
Old
Thanks Meter 92

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonny21 View Post
I was about to point that out. I also would like to know about band 2600 and if it stays intact for Rogers/Bell.
It does -- tested and verified B7 is still "enableable" in the Band Selection program *#2263# (shows a * once selected and I maintain SOS signal on Rogers 2600).

The Following User Says Thank You to WorldIRC For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sonny21
Old
(Last edited by sonny21; 23rd May 2013 at 07:40 AM.)
Thanks Meter 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldIRC View Post
It does -- tested and verified B7 is still "enableable" in the Band Selection program *#2263# (shows a * once selected and I maintain SOS signal on Rogers 2600).
Perfect. If you have Rogers sim, you should be able to get 2600 if you force it since most places get it unless you're in a area which doesn't. Maybe do a speed test to make sure but yeah it makes sense that it stays intact.

howipig
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Folks,

Would it be necessary to change it back to MTP or MTP+ADB mode when done?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk 2

zaryan
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 98

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by howipig View Post
Folks,

Yes, if you'd like to use the usb storage and ADB
Hit Thanks If I have Helped You

I wish I can buy S4 soon
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zaryan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

WorldIRC
Old
Thanks Meter 92

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by howipig View Post
Folks,

Only if you use USB storage.

---------- Post added at 10:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonny21 View Post
Perfect. If you have Rogers sim, you should be able to get 2600 if you force it since most places get it unless you're in a area which doesn't. Maybe do a speed test to make sure but yeah it makes sense that it stays intact.
If you see my screenshot, the phone remained on B7 (2600) with 20MHZ (that is how we verify it is indeed LTE 2600). No need to worry about it "sticking". That being said, I won't be caught dead going out and getting a Rogers SIM card...ever

hidea
Old
(Last edited by hidea; 23rd May 2013 at 05:39 PM.) Reason: Answer added
Thanks Meter 120
Would this re-lock the phone, if I unlocked it using the ServiceMenu method (i.e. not using a code)?

EDIT:
To answer my own question; patching the supplied .qcn *will not* re-lock the phone if it was unlocked using the ServiceMenu method.

The Following User Says Thank You to hidea For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
aws i337, aws i337m, aws s4