Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,470 Members 41,158 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Phone shuts itself down

Tip us?

SwordStriker
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Phone shuts itself down

My phone was shutting itself down so I decided to root my phone and flash a custom rom. First everything was alright but afterwards it started again to shut down randomly. It shows a notification: "Shutting down" and when it is off I can't turn it on for a while and it's led notification won't turn orange when I charge it. What could be the reason? If anyone could help me I really would appreciate it. Thanks in advance. I'm very new to this forum so sorry if I did something wrong

elia2741
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwordStriker View Post
My phone was shutting itself down so I decided to root my phone and flash a custom rom. First everything was alright but afterwards it started again to shut down randomly. It shows a notification: "Shutting down" and when it is off I can't turn it on for a while and it's led notification won't turn orange when I charge it. What could be the reason? If anyone could help me I really would appreciate it. Thanks in advance. I'm very new to this forum so sorry if I did something wrong
i had this issue before..and i solved it by putting a small piece of paper beside the battery because i noticed that the battery dont fit quiet enough in the device..then everything goes well and the reboots are gone...dont know if its the same problem with u but u can try it maybe it work for u

SwordStriker
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by elia2741 View Post
i had this issue before..and i solved it by putting a small piece of paper beside the battery because i noticed that the battery dont fit quiet enough in the device..then everything goes well and the reboots are gone...dont know if its the same problem with u but u can try it maybe it work for u
Today I discovered that when I put my phone outside my room (around 4 degrees celsius) my phone will start immediately when cooled down but is shutting down after it heats up to the room temperature. Is there a way where I can disable the function where the phone won't turn itself down. I tried your method elia but still it starts shutting itself down.

elia2741
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwordStriker View Post
Today I discovered that when I put my phone outside my room (around 4 degrees celsius) my phone will start immediately when cooled down but is shutting down after it heats up to the room temperature. Is there a way where I can disable the function where the phone won't turn itself down. I tried your method elia but still it starts shutting itself down.
ohh that's so weird man maybe its a hardware problem