Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Galaxy Mega 6.3 Sprint Version : SPH-L600 Stock firmwares with root: Flashable Zips

OP Silesh.Nair

8th March 2014, 07:06 AM   |  #1  
OP Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 4,538

2,718 posts
I do not own this phone.

This thread will provide custom recovery ( CWM/TWRP ) flashable zip files of the stock frmware without knox software. This way you need not upgrade using OTA and hence will be able to move between stock and custom firmware if need to.

If you use OTA to upgrade to the latest firmware, your bootloader will be upgraded to facilitate knox. Once updated there is no going back. The roms in this thread will help you overcome this issue.

The only prerequisite is that you are not already running a knox enabled bootloader. You can find this out by going into download mode and checking if knox entries are shown in bootloader screen.

You will have the following advantages.
  • Bootloader is not touched, hence any compatible rom can be flashed, including custom roms
  • Only Samsung knox files are removed
  • Root & Busybox
  • Stock kernel
  • Deodexed
  • Zipaligned

Procedure
  • Download the Odin version of Philz recovery or my custom twrp recovery and flash.
  • Reboot to recovery first else custom recovery will be replaced by stock recovery.
  • Flash the ROM zip file
  • Reboot and Njoy...
As an additional step, you can flash the modem that comes with the ROM. The procedure to flash the modem is given below.
  • Use Odin v3.04
  • Untick Autoreboot
  • Flash modem
  • Reboot once again into Download Mode using (Vol Down plus Home button combi)
  • Flash Modem once more
  • Once done,unplug then reboot device manually.
  • If this doesn't work, try repeating the flash process again while rebooting manually and with auto-reboot option turned off.

Downloads

All files can be downloaded from my Mega folder. Choose the mega link and select SPH-L600 STOCK FIRMWARE folder. MD5 hash values are available in a separate file inside the folder.

Credits
@dsixda for creating android kitchen which makes it so easy to create a stock rom in zip format. I modified the kitchen to make it compatible with the Mega...

@MikeyMike for testing the build....
Last edited by Silesh.Nair; 8th March 2014 at 08:03 AM.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Silesh.Nair For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th March 2014, 07:07 AM   |  #2  

2,718 posts
Reserved, just in case
The Following User Says Thank You to Silesh.Nair For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th March 2014, 07:07 AM   |  #3  

2,718 posts
This one too...
8th March 2014, 07:07 AM   |  #4  

2,718 posts
Last one..
10th March 2014, 03:12 AM   |  #5  
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 556

3,166 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silesh.Nair

Last one..

Confirmed everything works great. Battery is great and have not had any issues at all.
The Following User Says Thank You to MikeyLee For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th March 2014, 06:27 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 0

17 posts
No WIFI
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyLee

Confirmed everything works great. Battery is great and have not had any issues at all.

for some reason my wifi has stopped working, whenever I try to turn it on , it immediately goes back off. Any suggestions?
10th March 2014, 06:39 PM   |  #7  
Flag Phoenix

3,166 posts
More
Happened to me first time around after I had flashed the modem. I wasnt able to get the rom to flash in stock recovery. Once I flashed Philz recovery then the deodex rom all was good to go

Sent from my SPH-L600 using Tapatalk
10th March 2014, 07:07 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 0

17 posts
Quote:

Happened to me first time around after I had flashed the modem. I wasnt able to get the rom to flash in stock recovery. Once I flashed Philz recovery then the deodex rom all was good to go

Sent from my SPH-L600 using Tapatalk

can you give me the link , or point me in the direction I should be to find that?

---------- Post added at 01:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 PM ----------

I'm using TWRP btw
10th March 2014, 07:09 PM   |  #9  
Flag Phoenix

3,166 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWAYN3

can you give me the link , or point me in the direction I should be to find that?

---------- Post added at 01:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 PM ----------

I'm using TWRP btw

The download links are here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2588661
Use the one named Galaxy Mega i9205 (meliusltexx) for Sprint I used the Odin Tar file and it worked perfectly. From there I flashed the Deodex ROM
The Following User Says Thank You to MikeyLee For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th March 2014, 01:01 PM   |  #10  
Flag West Palm Beach, Florida
Thanks Meter: 9

24 posts
More
Quote:

The download links are here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2588661
Use the one named Galaxy Mega i9205 (meliusltexx) for Sprint I used the Odin Tar file and it worked perfectly. From there I flashed the Deodex ROM

Did this last night all went well. Grabbed the Philz and then flashed the stock rom, but didn't flash the modem.
@Silesh.Nair Thanks so much for the work and resources. Are the roms in your Mega folder compatible with this device? So very grateful that some development is finally occurring for the Sprint variant.
Carl

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread