Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Unhappy [Q] Stuck in 3G, have to switch to 4G manually... why?

OP falenus

9th March 2014, 08:47 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Hello,

Recently my HTC One's antenna began acting strange. I flashed LiquidSmooth 3.0 beta with the provided Nuk3K3rn3l for m7spr. My phone was stuck in roaming and after calling *226, my phone apparently successfully activated itself to Verizon.

I've since reflashed back to a stock ROM/kernel, and while my 4G connectivity works fine, it will default to 3G any time it gets the chance and won't automatically switch back. I have to go into my settings, switch the GSM mode, and then switch back to CDMA/LTE (PRL) and 4G works perfectly. It will do this no matter what ROM/kernel I'm running.

Do I need a new RUIM? Do I need to reset my PRL and if so, how? Or am I just ****ed?
9th March 2014, 09:00 PM   |  #2  
Flag Greensboro, NC
Thanks Meter: 433

2,080 posts
Donate to Me
More
Go get a new Sim card to fix the issue.

Sent from my only One.
9th March 2014, 11:14 PM   |  #3  
New York
Thanks Meter: 27

286 posts
More
Question
Quote:
Originally Posted by falenus

Recently my HTC One's antenna began acting strange. I flashed LiquidSmooth 3.0 beta with the provided Nuk3K3rn3l for m7spr.

You're asking a out a problem on an m7spr in a Forum devoted to the m7vzw???
9th March 2014, 11:59 PM   |  #4  
Flag Michigan City, IN
Thanks Meter: 930

3,146 posts
Donate to Me
More
Wrong forum, but look into updating your firmware.
10th March 2014, 03:04 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
The phone is an m7vzw, the kernel provided in the thread was an (allegedly) modified m7spr kernel. Thanks for the responses, that was what I figured... $11 mistake I suppose lol
10th March 2014, 04:03 AM   |  #6  
Flag Bentonville
Thanks Meter: 63

100 posts
More
New sim freind had same issue
A new sim card will fix this issue hoped this helped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by falenus

Hello,

Recently my HTC One's antenna began acting strange. I flashed LiquidSmooth 3.0 beta with the provided Nuk3K3rn3l for m7spr. My phone was stuck in roaming and after calling *226, my phone apparently successfully activated itself to Verizon.

I've since reflashed back to a stock ROM/kernel, and while my 4G connectivity works fine, it will default to 3G any time it gets the chance and won't automatically switch back. I have to go into my settings, switch the GSM mode, and then switch back to CDMA/LTE (PRL) and 4G works perfectly. It will do this no matter what ROM/kernel I'm running.

Do I need a new RUIM? Do I need to reset my PRL and if so, how? Or am I just ****ed?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread