Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,778 Members 52,244 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] KK 4.4.2 + official sview cover causing lockuos

Tip us?
 
senectus
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 93
Posts: 761
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Perth
Default [Q] KK 4.4.2 + official sview cover causing lockuos

I've got a brand new Note 3, unrooted and unmodified with an official Samsung SVIEW cover.
but at least once a day it locks up with a message on the screen saying:
' unfortunately, com.sec.android.sviewcover has stopped'

the only way to recover is to reboot the phone...
does anyone one know why this is going on? what can be done about it?
 
shayind4
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 74
Posts: 355
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: London
Quote:
Originally Posted by senectus View Post
I've got a brand new Note 3, unrooted and unmodified with an official Samsung SVIEW cover.
but at least once a day it locks up with a message on the screen saying:
' unfortunately, com.sec.android.sviewcover has stopped'

the only way to recover is to reboot the phone...
does anyone one know why this is going on? what can be done about it?
Never had this problem on my Note 3 with s view cover.

Try: Application Manager.......All........then locate com.sec.android.sviewcover
Force stop then clear cache then clear data then reboot the phone.
 
senectus
Old
#3  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 93
Posts: 761
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Perth
Quote:
Originally Posted by shayind4 View Post
Never had this problem on my Note 3 with s view cover.

Try: Application Manager.......All........then locate com.sec.android.sviewcover
Force stop then clear cache then clear data then reboot the phone.
tried this, didnt work.
Locked up again approx 12 hours (mostly overnight when not being used) after data clear and reboot.
 
nlatifolia
Old
#4  
nlatifolia's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 35
Posts: 155
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Malang, Indonesia

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by senectus View Post
tried this, didnt work.
Locked up again approx 12 hours (mostly overnight when not being used) after data clear and reboot.
I guess its locked up when u flipped cover to its back ?
 
xCeejayy
Old
#5  
Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 65
Join Date: May 2012
Location: San Diego
I'm Getting this problem as well, I went with 4.4.2 for AT&T.
 
nlatifolia
Old
#6  
nlatifolia's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 35
Posts: 155
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Malang, Indonesia

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by senectus View Post
I've got a brand new Note 3, unrooted and unmodified with an official Samsung SVIEW cover.
but at least once a day it locks up with a message on the screen saying:
' unfortunately, com.sec.android.sviewcover has stopped'

the only way to recover is to reboot the phone...
does anyone one know why this is going on? what can be done about it?
Is it still happening now ? Try this workaround :
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2674211
Tags
sview
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Run, Jump, and Shoot in Tales of Ciaxia

There are certain types of games that have become paramount of the portable gaming world. As we have … more

Samsung Gear Live Stock Firmware Image Pulled, Temp Root

Just yesterday,XDA Recognized Developer and TV ProducerAdamOutlertore apart … more