Unofficial Android 4.4 Lands on Three Mediatek Devices

For the last few years, devices with MTK systems-on-chip haven’t received much … more

MultiImagePicker Library for Multiple Image Selection

App developmentcan be done in more than a handful of ways. You can write every single … more

Shoot Troubles, Not Users w/ Alex Boag-Munroe – XDA:DevCon 2014

In presenting the various sessions from XDA:DevCon 2014, weve mainly … more

Oppo Releases ColorOS for the Find 5… Poorly

Almost every OEM has taken the liberty of creating its own incarnation of the Android OS. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Im on MDK, help deciding new rom.

OP Jalh

8th March 2014, 07:33 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

36 posts
Im on MDK now; I want to be using the latest ROM available for my phone without loosing the capabilities of having a custom recovery. What is the best ROM to install on my MDK version? I would prefer something with the latest android version. Thanks in advance.
8th March 2014, 07:36 AM   |  #2  
Flag Long Beach
Thanks Meter: 74

182 posts
More
What ROM are you running right now? I went from jrkruse's stock touchwiz ROM, to cm11, and am currently on slimkat 4.4.2 weekly 3.4 build

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
8th March 2014, 08:30 AM   |  #3  
OP Member

36 posts
I'm on a rooted stock tw ROM with android version 4.2.2. I can't stand the bloated ROM from Samsung anymore. some apps lag and I hate that.
8th March 2014, 08:39 AM   |  #4  
Flag Long Beach

182 posts
More
Understandable, I'd honestly recommend slimkat. I'm generally more of a cm guy but slim has made some really nice innovations in terms of the look and feel. They completely redid the recent apps menu with the 3.4 weekly

---------- Post added at 07:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65vdub

Understandable, I'd honestly recommend slimkat. I'm generally more of a cm guy but slim has made some really nice innovations in terms of the look and feel. They completely redid the recent apps menu with the 3.4 weekly

Pic related, it's very minimal and less intrusive. That's the slim kat recent apps menu.

8th March 2014, 09:22 AM   |  #5  

432 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 65vdub

I'd honestly recommend slimkat.

+1

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to rrrrrrredbelly For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th March 2014, 01:30 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 251

1,688 posts
i've been using this google play dev edition rom http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2643031

it's got the goodness of AOSP with the advantage of not having to build drivers from scratch. it's freaky how badly TW slows down the entire phone!
8th March 2014, 02:21 PM   |  #7  
Flag South Central PA
Thanks Meter: 237

633 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalh

Im on MDK now; I want to be using the latest ROM available for my phone without loosing the capabilities of having a custom recovery. What is the best ROM to install on my MDK version? I would prefer something with the latest android version. Thanks in advance.

I've been running Eclipse Progressive Build 7 for the past month. I have flashed just about every ROM out there and this is the most staple, fast, smooth with great battery life ROM of all of them. I understand everyone has there own opinion and preferences. You have to go to the Developer's web site to download, go here: http://www.elementalxdesigns.com/ecl...ild07-(1-28-14). I promise, you won't be disappointed.
8th March 2014, 02:34 PM   |  #8  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Springfield, Ma
Thanks Meter: 2,273

4,298 posts
Donate to Me
More
Welll .. another opportunity for me to recommend Liquid Smooth 4.4
Oh and we have Slim's Recents . tons of options, more than any aosp I've flashed. And everything runs great with ART as well. Give it a try

The Following User Says Thank You to Mistertac For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th March 2014, 04:05 AM   |  #9  
OP Member

36 posts
so in order to install all these Roms, I would have to install ROM manager and Instsll them through custom recovery or is there a how to ? sorry to be such pita. thanks in advance again.
9th March 2014, 07:29 PM   |  #10  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Virginia
Thanks Meter: 1,580

1,925 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalh

so in order to install all these Roms, I would have to install ROM manager and Instsll them through custom recovery or is there a how to ? sorry to be such pita. thanks in advance again.

Since you're on MDK, you need to install a custom recovery, then you can flash whatever you like.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread