Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,073 Members 40,623 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Flashable Recovery Zip for N73G?

Tip us?

Dude360
Old
(Last edited by Dude360; 12th March 2014 at 08:38 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 896

DONATE TO ME
Default Flashable Recovery Zip for N73G?

On my N4 Ive got a zip containing recovery.img that flashes a TWRP recovery.

I use this to update by swapping the .img when needed.

Im looking to do the same for the N73G as have not been able to found one anywhere.

So, the code for flashing the N4 is

Code:
package_extract_file("recovery.img", "/tmp/recovery.img");
run_program("/sbin/busybox", "dd", "if=/tmp/recovery.img", "of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery");
This extracts the img to /tmp the copies it to the partition.

But a zip I found for the Grouper:

Code:
package_extract_file("recovery.img", "/dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/by-name/SOS");
Seems to extract the img directly to the partition

Which one would be able to be used on the 3G?

Code:
run_program("/sbin/busybox", "dd", "if=/tmp/recovery.img", "of=/dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/by-name/SOS");
Or
Code:
package_extract_file("recovery.img", "/dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/by-name/SOS");
Is the recovery partition named the same on the Tilly? I dont know how to find the name tbh

When it comes to flashing partitions with edify Im always a little careful and want to check this first.

Cheers!
Im trying to get back, I am, I promise...

Erovia
Old
Thanks Meter 232
You either use the Flashify app to create a flashable zip or just simply flash the img with "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img"
Phone: Nexus 4
ROM: ParanoidAndroid 4+
Kernel: hells-Core
Recovery: MultiROM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tablet: Nexus 7
ROM: SlimKat 5+
Kernel: LeanKernel
Recovery: MultiROM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Phone: Motorola Milestone A853 ROM: CyanogenMod 9.1.0d Recovery: Open Recovery MiniMod by -FuFu-
The Following User Says Thank You to Erovia For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Dude360
Old
(Last edited by Dude360; 12th March 2014 at 09:24 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 896

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erovia View Post
You either use the Flashify app to create a flashable zip or just simply flash the img with "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img"
Now I didnt know about Flashify so will take a look at creating a zip with that.

;edit; Cool app ut doesnt seem to be able to create a flashable zip from a downloaded recovery though

I have a collection of recoveries on my SD so I can flash between them on my N4 when Im not at a PC.

Its also easier for me to send a non-techy a friend a zip file to flash for an update as I dont see him all that often enough
Im trying to get back, I am, I promise...