Post Reply

Reboot in recovery.

23rd February 2014, 08:09 PM   |  #1  
paolotheking's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 13
 
108 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2013
Hi. I have a stock based rom, deodexed. I cant' reboot in recovery with the shoutdown mený. I tried also with apps like rom manager, recovery boot does not works, every time goes in normal reboot. Anyone can give me some suggestions?

Although the power button + vol- button work as normal, but i want to set the "recovery reboot" in the mený, also reboot in fastboot and bootloader boot
I have cwm 6.0.4.5...
Last edited by paolotheking; 23rd February 2014 at 08:15 PM. Reason: missed some informations
The Following User Says Thank You to paolotheking For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd February 2014, 09:09 PM   |  #2  
glfsd's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 87
 
130 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2011
More
It happens to me too!

I have deodexed Stock ROM 4.1.2 and I wanted to add advanced power menu with 4 -Way Reboot: Reboot, Hot Boot, Bootloader and Recovery.
I have followed many guides and in particular this (here my post)

Now all reboots work, except Recovery Reboot:
when I select "Recovery" the phone restart normally!!

After several tests, I tried to use some scripts to reboot into Recovery!
First Script:

Code:
#!/system/bin/sh

echo "boot-recovery" | /system/bin/dd of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p5 bs=1 count=13
When I run this script, the phone reboot into Recovery only the first time and any option I selected, the phone always restarts in Recovery! Why?

Second Script:

Code:
#!/system/bin/sh

rm /cache/recovery/command ; echo 'boot-recovery' | dd of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p5 bs=1 count=13 ; reboot ;
When I run this script, the phone reboot into Recovery immediately!

Now I would like know how I can fix this Problem!
And those scripts serve to reboot the phone into recovery via Advanced Power Menu?
I tried everything and I do not know where I'm wrong!
Last edited by glfsd; 23rd February 2014 at 09:30 PM.
24th February 2014, 06:36 PM   |  #3  
Ben36's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,654
 
5,967 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
Are you both running cwm? Could that be the issue?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
24th February 2014, 09:07 PM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 101
 
256 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
More
Install "Xposed Framework" and "Advanced Power Menu" to get your wanted options...
25th February 2014, 04:25 PM   |  #5  
glfsd's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 87
 
130 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben36

Are you both running cwm? Could that be the issue?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I have tried many Recovery: TWRP 2.3.6.0, CWM 6.0.3.1 and 6.0.4.5, PhilZ Touch.
What do you suggest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fladder72

Install "Xposed Framework" and "Advanced Power Menu" to get your wanted options...

I dont want "Xposed Framework", I want to fix my problem
The Following User Says Thank You to glfsd For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th February 2014, 11:58 AM   |  #6  
paolotheking's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 13
 
108 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by glfsd

I have tried many Recovery: TWRP 2.3.6.0, CWM 6.0.3.1 and 6.0.4.5, PhilZ Touch.
What do you suggest?


I dont want "Xposed Framework", I want to fix my problem

Me too
27th February 2014, 07:08 AM   |  #7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 261
 
109 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by paolotheking

Hi. I have a stock based rom, deodexed. I cant' reboot in recovery with the shoutdown mený. I tried also with apps like rom manager, recovery boot does not works, every time goes in normal reboot. Anyone can give me some suggestions?

Although the power button + vol- button work as normal, but i want to set the "recovery reboot" in the mený, also reboot in fastboot and bootloader boot
I have cwm 6.0.4.5...

You have to edit the frameworks to add the option, you'll need the android kitchen for that.

The fastboot reboot won't work, the fastboot boot option will work somewhat if you add "-c "androidboot.mode=normal"" as in fastboot boot [kernel.img] -c "androidboot.mode=normal"

It will have some problems but it'll work.
27th February 2014, 03:53 PM   |  #8  
Omario-242's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Munich
Thanks Meter: 234
 
812 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcanhasLG

You have to edit the frameworks to add the option, you'll need the android kitchen for that.

The fastboot reboot won't work, the fastboot boot option will work somewhat if you add "-c "androidboot.mode=normal"" as in fastboot boot [kernel.img] -c "androidboot.mode=normal"

It will have some problems but it'll work.

I think he means that he isn't able to reboot to recovery with the option from the shutdown menu, not that there isn't one.
As he wrote he can't boot to recovery with ROM Manager either.

I had such problems back in the beginning of 4.3 development but and on stock too.

Maybe try to grab a log from boot if you tried to reboot to recovery.

Sent from my LG-P880 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
28th February 2014, 09:43 AM   |  #9  
paolotheking's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 13
 
108 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omario-242

I think he means that he isn't able to reboot to recovery with the option from the shutdown menu, not that there isn't one.
As he wrote he can't boot to recovery with ROM Manager either.

I had such problems back in the beginning of 4.3 development but and on stock too.

Maybe try to grab a log from boot if you tried to reboot to recovery.

Sent from my LG-P880 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Rom Manager Free does not reboot in recovery, like other app, but Rom Manager Premium works...
2nd March 2014, 11:34 AM   |  #10  
glfsd's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 87
 
130 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omario-242

I think he means that he isn't able to reboot to recovery with the option from the shutdown menu, not that there isn't one.

exactly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omario-242

...Maybe try to grab a log from boot if you tried to reboot to recovery.

how to do it? I tried with adb
Code:
adb logcat > log.txt
or
Code:
adb logcat -v long > logcat.txt
but there are too much informations and I can not find the problem

I attach also "last_log" found in /cache/recovery/

..I do not know ..... but i think the problem is due to cwm

sorry for my poor english
Attached Files
File Type: 7z log.7z - [Click for QR Code] (64.8 KB, 2 views)
File Type: 7z logcat.7z - [Click for QR Code] (80.1 KB, 2 views)
File Type: 7z last_log.7z - [Click for QR Code] (2.0 KB, 2 views)

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools
Display Modes