Speakers on the bottom

OP jcnbama

7th March 2014, 07:18 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Huntsville
Thanks Meter: 155

862 posts
More
Just curious. I have had this phone for about two weeks. I love it. One thing that's kinda odd is the speakers on the bottom. So when I'm holding it in landscape mode playing a game it disrupts the sound and it's muffled and quite. Anyone else feel the same way? Not a big deal. Just a minor inconvenience.

Sent from my LG-D801 using xda app-developers app
7th March 2014, 07:40 PM   |  #2  
Flag Stockholm
Thanks Meter: 27

415 posts
More
Yes it's very easy to block the speaker while playing in landscape, design flaw I suppose but can be avoided by adjusting one's grip on the phone. Still happens every now and then when I'm not careful.

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
7th March 2014, 09:33 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 65

331 posts
Yea it is a known issue. Maybe you can remove the back cover and drill holes to the back aligned with the bottom holes.
Then maybe sound can escape from the back.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk
7th March 2014, 09:50 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

11 posts
Yea I usually overcome this by putting my phone face down. Definitely a design oversight.
7th March 2014, 10:42 PM   |  #5  
Recognized Developer
Flag Cincinnati
Thanks Meter: 917

6,876 posts
Donate to Me
More
Most phones have had speakers on the bottom or on the back that result in muffling when holding it.

Owning a Nexus 7 2013, I really miss the stereo sound from it. It is really the only thing I wish my G2 did differently, although I don't know how they'd incorporate a "top" speaker without making it look ugly.
8th March 2014, 01:37 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 277

193 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by player911

Most phones have had speakers on the bottom or on the back that result in muffling when holding it.

Owning a Nexus 7 2013, I really miss the stereo sound from it. It is really the only thing I wish my G2 did differently, although I don't know how they'd incorporate a "top" speaker without making it look ugly.

Initially, I considered two speakers on the bottom of G2 as "stereo", but later I found that this is actually a single speaker with "stereo" design
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread