[Q] Why the MTK 6589 USB Vcom port disapear after 2 second?

OP Sohan_Saymum

8th March 2014, 12:31 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Dhaka
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
More
I am trying to upgrade my Canvas HD 20 Android 4.2.1. But, everytime I connect the phone with my pc, the "MTK6589 USB Vcom port" appears for only 2 second in the device manager, then it's gone. And the "Device Disconnect Sound" is played. So, I cant flash the ROM. what's going wrong? I have followed every steps in this tutorial.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2308431

I have Tried in different PCs and with different Data Cables. But same problem exists. And, I had no problem with this cable while sharing files with my pc. I used this cable for Mass Storage.
I figured that, the connection problem I have described previously is the main cause of this mess. can anyone help me out with this?????
Last edited by Sohan_Saymum; 8th March 2014 at 12:48 PM.
12th April 2014, 02:22 AM   |  #2  

25 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohan_Saymum

I am trying to upgrade my Canvas HD 20 Android 4.2.1. But, everytime I connect the phone with my pc, the "MTK6589 USB Vcom port" appears for only 2 second in the device manager, then it's gone. And the "Device Disconnect Sound" is played. So, I cant flash the ROM. what's going wrong? I have followed every steps in this tutorial.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2308431

I have Tried in different PCs and with different Data Cables. But same problem exists. And, I had no problem with this cable while sharing files with my pc. I used this cable for Mass Storage.
I figured that, the connection problem I have described previously is the main cause of this mess. can anyone help me out with this?????

have you tried put the battery inside and after that plugin to usb for flashtool to detect, because my phone is not detected in flashtool if its without battery inside
20th June 2014, 12:22 PM   |  #3  

1 posts
MTK6589 connects and disconnects continuously
Quote:
Originally Posted by touji

have you tried put the battery inside and after that plugin to usb for flashtool to detect, because my phone is not detected in flashtool if its without battery inside

I have same problem.
1st October 2014, 03:38 PM   |  #4  
Flag Gold Coast
Thanks Meter: 462

943 posts
Donate to Me
More
Did anyone get a solution to this issue? I am totally stumped and not sure how to revive this device when there is no obvious solution to the driver fault. People seem to pretend that this issue doesn't exist or that users are doing things incorrect....I am following instructions to a T and still I get the driver dropout issue. This is SOOOO frustrating. It connects and detects, then before I can do anything it disconnects. What freakin drivers work for the MTK6589? I was told that all MTK devices use the same drivers....well I have tried literally 15-20 different driver downloads and NONE of them work! NONE! They ALL have the same issue of connect and then disconnect. Yes I have USB debugging enabled. Yes I have tried battery out and then battery in. I have tried everything and nothing has worked. Please if anyone can help me with drivers that work I would very very very much appreciate.....otherwise this devices is pretty much a brick (I am a long time Android user not a n00b btw).
For reference....the device came to me to be translated to English from Chinese. I did this mostly but made a mistake with one line in the build.prop. Now it won't boot. There is no custom recovery available for this device so I have no other option but to reflash the device.....IF only I could get it to detect for more that 2 freaking seconds I would try with the backup I made before modifying the thing!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread