Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,262 Members 50,015 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Stop Google Play Updates

Tip us?

meanoc
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Default Stop Google Play Updates

I have 2 phones and 2 tablets all of them set to not auto update. Yet once again this AM I'm on the train and my damn phone updates about 10 different apps. I'm in the middle of playing a game which slows to a crawl while Google takes over my device. Finally get home and start my tablet and guess what the sob starts updating. I'm beyond frustrated with this so if anyone has a 100% guaranteed way of stopping this behavior it would be greatly appreciated

nightwalker
Old
Thanks Meter 312
Quote:
Originally Posted by meanoc View Post
I have 2 phones and 2 tablets all of them set to not auto update. Yet once again this AM I'm on the train and my damn phone updates about 10 different apps. I'm in the middle of playing a game which slows to a crawl while Google takes over my device. Finally get home and start my tablet and guess what the sob starts updating. I'm beyond frustrated with this so if anyone has a 100% guaranteed way of stopping this behavior it would be greatly appreciated
Actually,I don't know but It's me also facing this.After reboot when I connect to wifi ,the apps start to update .While auto-update is turned off also.
There is some bug I think.Hope I helped you.
G: D.B.X -Gingerbean Dream Bolt X | Xolo A500s | Micromax A25 | Micromax A110 | Upcoming Samsung Galaxy S3
1.[GUIDE]Owner Profile In Owner Profile
2.Xolo A500s | All-In-One-Discussion-Thread

Phones: Xolo A500s-S019 Stock Rom | Micromax A25-G: D.B.X Reloaded | Micromax A110-Galaxy S5 Rom
The Following User Says Thank You to nightwalker For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

meanoc
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightwalker View Post
Actually,I don't know but It's me also facing this.After reboot when I connect to wifi ,the apps start to update .While auto-update is turned off also.
There is some bug I think.Hope I helped you.
Man this is a real pita as my other tablet just auto updated. I'm hoping someone can chime in and offer some advise. Thank you for the reply and sorry your having the same problem
The Following User Says Thank You to meanoc For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nightwalker
Old
Thanks Meter 312
Quote:
Man this is a real pita as my other tablet just auto updated. I'm hoping someone can chime in and offer some advise. Thank you for the reply and sorry your having the same problem
No need of sorry bro,I am really irritated with this prob.The main prob is that is consumes data and cause data charges.Hope that someone will help us out.
G: D.B.X -Gingerbean Dream Bolt X | Xolo A500s | Micromax A25 | Micromax A110 | Upcoming Samsung Galaxy S3
1.[GUIDE]Owner Profile In Owner Profile
2.Xolo A500s | All-In-One-Discussion-Thread

Phones: Xolo A500s-S019 Stock Rom | Micromax A25-G: D.B.X Reloaded | Micromax A110-Galaxy S5 Rom

giaki3003
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Bros,the same thing happens to me....but on a low end device like mine you get bootloops like hellthis kills all my apps and i have to wait 10 minutes...I HATE OOM's!!!!

Sent from my LG-E400 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

bweN diorD
Old
Thanks Meter 438
each app has an auto update option in its settings, you may want to check there and see if its still set to auto update, even with the main settings turned off.
if thats the case, you would have to manually turn them all off.
Show some appreciation to those who have helped you by using the Thanks button!!

One Click flash back to stock for Moto Razr HD/Maxx HD Here
[Guide] Moto Razr HD/MaxxHD flash: to KK, root, unlock the bootloader, install cwm, install twrp, or revert back to JB from KK Here
Are you a Noob and not sure where to post your question?
Noob friendly thread for questions about any device Here
To insure i see your reply, always QUOTE me or use @bweN diorD Thanks
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bweN diorD For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

meanoc
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by bweN diorD View Post
each app has an auto update option in its settings, you may want to check there and see if its still set to auto update, even with the main settings turned off.
if thats the case, you would have to manually turn them all off.
Thanks for the tip but I still cannot for the life of me stop auto update. My second phone hasn't been used for about 5 days so I turned it on today. I have both data and wifi off on it. I go in and double check everything is set to not update. Turn wifi on and within 1 minute its updating 9 apps

If it was only happening on one device I would suspect that its an isolated case but all 4 can't have the same issue. I tried freezing the play store function and my tablet started doing some very strange things. I'm relatively new to android (8 months) and the only problems I've ever had were all related to the damn play store. In case you haven't figured it out I REALLY hate the play store with a passion.

Anyone know how to contact google direct via phone?

bweN diorD
Old
Thanks Meter 438
Quote:
Thanks for the tip but I still cannot for the life of me stop auto update. My second phone hasn't been used for about 5 days so I turned it on today. I have both data and wifi off on it. I go in and double check everything is set to not update. Turn wifi on and within 1 minute its updating 9 apps

If it was only happening on one device I would suspect that its an isolated case but all 4 can't have the same issue. I tried freezing the play store function and my tablet started doing some very strange things. I'm relatively new to android (8 months) and the only problems I've ever had were all related to the damn play store. In case you haven't figured it out I REALLY hate the play store with a passion.

Anyone know how to contact google direct via phone?
I was going to suggest freezing the play app, but didn't because I thought it would cause issues.
Alternatively, you could see if the amazon store has all your apps. If so, delete the play store and see if amazon can be controlled to do what you want.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Show some appreciation to those who have helped you by using the Thanks button!!

One Click flash back to stock for Moto Razr HD/Maxx HD Here
[Guide] Moto Razr HD/MaxxHD flash: to KK, root, unlock the bootloader, install cwm, install twrp, or revert back to JB from KK Here
Are you a Noob and not sure where to post your question?
Noob friendly thread for questions about any device Here
To insure i see your reply, always QUOTE me or use @bweN diorD Thanks