Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,925 Members 53,108 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[FAQ]HELP THREAD - Noob Friendly

Tip us?

azzledazzle
Old
(Last edited by azzledazzle; 28th May 2012 at 02:29 PM.)
Account currently disabled - OP
Thanks Meter 2020

DONATE TO ME
Lightbulb [FAQ]HELP THREAD - Noob Friendly

Might need this in the future
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Contributor.jpg
Views:	1195
Size:	15.5 KB
ID:	1007014  

azzledazzle
Old
(Last edited by azzledazzle; 28th May 2012 at 04:59 PM.)
Thanks Meter 2020

DONATE TO ME

Also under maintenance - please be patient

Q. So I've just got my shiny new One S..... How do i unlock the bootloader ??

A. Congrats First step to unlocking bootloader is via HTCDev which can be found HERE You must make an account first and select your model (if model is not shown select 'All other supported models').. Instructions are on there

Q. Awesome. How do i use ADB ??

A. Check out THIS thread for in depth details with pics. (Credits to MLIGN for creating this)

Q. Ok so I know how to use ADB, I have unlocked Bootloader, How do i get CWM Recovery + Root ??

A. To get CWM + Root please look HERE (Credits to TORXX for creating this)

Q. Ok, Now I Have **TAMPERED** In Bootloader, Does this mean the world is going to end ?

A. No the world will not end, Not today anyway, **TAMPERED** is Normal when using custom software, Such as ROMs / Recovery, It will disappear when you revert to stock. Also, If you get SECURITY WARNING, This is also normal(ish) You will have to relock bootloader and run an RUU to restore equilibrium in the universe

Q. Help my phone is in a bootloop and I can't remove the battery

A. Ok calm down, Hold down the Power button for 10 - 15 seconds... This should force a reboot

Q. Thanks, You're Awesome. Now Where can I find a Custom ROM ??

A. I know, All custom ROMs are in the Development Section found HERE
We have no Kernel Source Code yet, So not everything is possible. Please be patient

Q. Oh if only there was such tool that could make this whole process much simpler.....?

A. Well my friend its your lucky day ! Check out this awesome tool HERE (Credits to HASOON2000 for making this)

Q. My phone is faulty... How can i get it back to stock before sending it for repair ??

A. To go back to stock, Run an RUU (available in Development section) If you cannot find one that matches your CID, Extract the rom.zip from the RUU and modify the android-info.txt, Re package it and flash the rom.zip in recovery, WE NOW HAVE SUPERCID, CHANGE TO WHATEVER YOU LIKE TO GET THE RUU WORKING !!.

Q. Help, I did some crazy **** and now I'm in a boot-loop with no ROM on my SD to flash !!

A. Ok, Firstly WHAT THE HELL !!! Secondly, Calm down, Try a full factory reset, or restore a nandroid if you have one, If that fails, Look at THIS guide on how to push files / Flash ROMs via ADB.

Q. Ok, Thanks, But that didnt work, I have error mounting SD card, I think its a brick.

A. Ok, Slap your self in the face 3 times, then stub your toe ! Now look at THIS guide on how to fix your issue

Q. Is this all the FAQ's Done with ??

A. No I will continue to update the FAQ's When they become more.....erm Frequent,

TIP: Always Check MD5 Checksums match on flashable .zip files.. Download MD5 Checker HERE

IF YOU CANNOT FIND THE ANSWER YOU NEED, LOOK HERE, IF ITS NOT THERE, THEN YOU MAY POST
The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to azzledazzle For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

azzledazzle
Old
(Last edited by azzledazzle; 28th May 2012 at 05:02 PM.)
Thanks Meter 2020

DONATE TO ME

ASK ANY QUESTION HERE,ADB, ROMs, Drivers,Recovery, Bootloader....ECT.... You will either get an answer or will get pointed in the right direction.

I've made this thread as a help thread. For all people new to the HTC One S / Android.
Im New to the One S myself So im still learning myself.. But i think this thread could help us all...

Treat this place as a chat room. DO NOT INSULT NOOBS,THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A STUPID QUESTION!!

I Will try my best to answer all questions, Or point you in the right direction, Everyone is welcome to ask AND answer ANY question

Hopefully this will stop unwanted and un-needed posts spamming the One S Forums

Once this place gets busy, There will be a 'Hall Of Fame' Where the most helpful contributors will receive a special Banner to show off how helpful you are SO GET HELPING !!!!

PLEASE READ THE FAQ's !!!

IRC CHAT Channels: #helpmenow or #htc-one-s
The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to azzledazzle For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

malybru
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 10535

DONATE TO ME
Hi,

Great idea...

The Following User Says Thank You to malybru For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

frdd
Old
Thanks Meter 80
Is it known how well the camera will work in a stock ICS ROM, ie Cyanogen etc? What with it using the ImageSense chip and all. Will drivers be an issue?

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA

azzledazzle
Old
(Last edited by azzledazzle; 18th April 2012 at 10:52 AM.)
Thanks Meter 2020

DONATE TO ME
Way to start the thread off !! you couldnt have asked a simple question could you lol

I dont think its clear to anyone yet how the camera will be on CM9 - Theres a link here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1594470 To CM9 ROM for the One S, But hardly anything is working yet, Including Camera..

I guess its down to the developer of the CM9 ROM and the code & drivers they use, But as for now its anyone's guess...

This phone hasnt been released still in some parts of the world, So at the moment development is slow..
The Following User Says Thank You to azzledazzle For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

frdd
Old
Thanks Meter 80
OK how about this one: 5GHz 802.11n WLAN support? The spec sheet on htc.com is kinda light on details.

azzledazzle
Old
Thanks Meter 2020

DONATE TO ME
Yes HTC One S supports that !

Check here http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_one_s-4574.php

frdd
Old
Thanks Meter 80
Cant find that info on gsmarena, it states 802.11n support but not if 2.4 only or 2.4/5GHz...

azzledazzle
Old
Thanks Meter 2020

DONATE TO ME
I thought 'N' Was 5ghz ?

Quote:
802.11n works in both the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz frequency bands, it is compatible with legacy 11a and 11b/g users

The Following User Says Thank You to azzledazzle For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
adb, htc, noob, one s, rom