Check Your I/O Usage with Iotop for Android

Ever needed to check the I/O usage of apps? If so, you probably tried searching for an iotop … more

T-Mobile HTC One M8 Gets Selfie-Friendly Android 4.4.4 OTA

The T-Mobie variant of HTC One (M8) just now received an over-the-air update … more

Android L is for Lockdown

Root is, without a doubt, the (un)holy grail of the Android world. Those wonderful permissions that allow you as … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: XHangouts Will Improve Your Hangouts

Ever since Google started supporting text messaging in Hangouts many people have … more

[Q] newbs root and rom question

OP brownra509

10th March 2014, 03:11 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag chelan
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
More
hey im new to the whole rooting and roms I just bought a new Samsung galaxy s3 mini and I cant wait to get it but I was wondering. it comes with jellybean 4.2.2 and I was thinking about trying out the new pac man rom wich is kitkat 4.4.2 would I be able to use this rom or would I need to get a older version of it thanks again guys any other tips and tricks would be greatly appreciated!
10th March 2014, 04:56 PM   |  #2  
Flag /storage/sdcard1/Europe/Belgium/East-Flanders/Hamme
Thanks Meter: 163

598 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownra509

hey im new to the whole rooting and roms I just bought a new Samsung galaxy s3 mini and I cant wait to get it but I was wondering. it comes with jellybean 4.2.2 and I was thinking about trying out the new pac man rom wich is kitkat 4.4.2 would I be able to use this rom or would I need to get a older version of it thanks again guys any other tips and tricks would be greatly appreciated!

If you buy the normal international version (GT-I8190/L/R), you won't have any problems rooting it and installing the ROM. However, if you buy a carrier-modified version, you won't be able to install that specific ROM, since it's not built for your device.

Sent from my GT-I8190 MaclawStudio Carbon 4.4.2 using Tapatalk
10th March 2014, 06:44 PM   |  #3  
Flag Sofia
Thanks Meter: 148

667 posts
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownra509

GXGOW is right. The best choice is to buy the international GT-I8190. Sure it comes with android 4.1.2, but that's not bad (i kinda preffer it over 4.2.2). And the GT-I8190 versions (normal ; L and N) are the most customisable ones and everything you'd want will work on them
Cheers for your amazing new phone if it's gonna be a GT-I8190 otherwise cheers for your new phone
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread