Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,021 Members 46,517 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Chromecast youtube dropping out

Tip us?

Mazz1916
Old
(Last edited by Mazz1916; 15th November 2013 at 03:58 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default Chromecast youtube dropping out

While trying to watch YouTube it randomly stops dead. If I tap a spot on the time line the video quickly starts again. I've had this thing about 5 hours and it is seriously getting on my nerves. Add to the fact that the chrome browser isn't mirroring I'm about to smash this thing to bits. Any help!?

Netflix seems to work flawlessly.

I've tried improving network connection but that hasn't helped.

YouTube has this issue even when played from the browser on pc.

vishalraop
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazz1916 View Post
While trying to watch YouTube it randomly stops dead. If I tap a spot on the time line the video quickly starts again. I've had this thing about 5 hours and it is seriously getting on my nerves. Add to the fact that the chrome browser isn't mirroring I'm about to smash this thing to bits. Any help!?

Netflix seems to work flawlessly.

I've tried improving network connection but that hasn't helped.

YouTube has this issue even when played from the browser on pc.
Exact same problem on my chromecast and is happening only since last evening. As you said, Netflix is flawless and its only With YouTube.

Thank god its not the device but seems like software or YouTube server support for chromecast. Hope it will get a fix pretty soon

SeanBear
Old
Thanks Meter 0
This started happening to me last night. Youtube will freeze after about 2:20. It will start again if I skip forward or back, but only for another 2 mins. Have never had a problem before and Netflix works fine. I'm glad it's not just me.

Mazz1916
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Are either of you able to cast your tabs to your TV screen? Because I am also unable to get that to work from my pc to the Chromecast.

guy4jesuschrist
Old
Thanks Meter 110
I had the same exact issue last night when watching YouTube. It would stop dead, and the only way it would start back, was when I tap the stopped point on the timeline as well.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

SeanBear
Old
Thanks Meter 0
[QUOTE=Mazz1916;47488182]Are either of you able to cast your tabs to your TV screen? Because I am also unable to get that to work from my pc to the Chromecast.[/QUOTE

Yeah I can cast tabs

---------- Post added at 05:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:54 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy4jesuschrist View Post
I had the same exact issue last night when watching YouTube. It would stop dead, and the only way it would start back, was when I tap the stopped point on the timeline as well.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Is it working now?

vishalraop
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazz1916 View Post
Are either of you able to cast your tabs to your TV screen? Because I am also unable to get that to work from my pc to the Chromecast.

Even casting the chrome browser tab had issues.... but after a while it worked... I am pretty sure even the chrome tab cast is lill messed up... Looks like the chromecast got a software upgrade which is causing these issues....

Does anyone know if there was a software upgrade yesterday?

Mazz1916
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Update:
I just exchanged the unit I had for another one but unfortunately I'm having the same issues. The unit itself force updates on startup which is a shame. It would be nice to do a revert and see if the old software functions correctly.

ibgibson
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Youtube freezing

Same problem with me. I have two Chromecasts and Youtube stops on both of them roughly every 2.5 minutes, from both a Nexus 5 and a Nexus 7. On 14th November around noon ET they were fine, but by the evening the problems had started. My Youtube app is showing as having updated on 14th Nov (although it's not showing up in the 'Recently updated' section in the Play app). Rebooting the Chromecasts, the android devices and the network all failed to eliminate the problem.

smilyduck
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have the same problem!!!