[Tool] RootME - Root your Nexus Device [Beta]

Search This thread

Cryten

May 29, 2012
Hamburg
www.ncry.de
RootME for Nexus Devices

RootME.png

RootME is a root program as the name suggests with your all Nexus devices can rooting. For example: Google Nexus 4/5/7/2013 and all Galaxy Nexus devices

Easy to Root.

Restore your Device?
Check this Thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2678394

Requirements:
  • Windows 7 / 8 / 8.1
  • Net Framework 4.0 "Here"

Download:

http://crymedia.de/?cry=downloads

You have a problem? reply here or use Contact

best regards Cryten

Projects: www.crymedia.de/?cry=projects
Facebook: www.facebook.com/CrytenMedia

Last edited:

philseven

Oct 9, 2010
Los Angeles
RootME for Nexus Devices

RootME.png

RootME is a root program as the name suggests with your all Nexus devices can rooting. For example: Google Nexus 4/5/7/2013 and all Galaxy Nexus devices

Easy to Root.

Requirements:
  • Windows 7 / 8 / 8.1

Download:

You have a problem? reply here or use [URL="http://crymedia.de/?cry=contact"]Contact

best regards Cryten

Worked flawlessly once I installed universal naked drivers. Thanks so much just got my nexus 7 today and away I go. Great work.:good:

idCyber

Oct 28, 2012
POCO M3 Pro / Redmi Note 10 5G
@Cryten will rooting it unlock the bootloader?

In these days, we don't need a PC to root and flash a custom recovery anymore usign a PC. If you root using TowelRoot , then you don't need to unlock the bootloader. Also you can use [ROOT] Rashr - Flash Tool , you can flash a custom recovery from it.

But I suggest that you unlock the bootloader because as far as I know, you need it unlocked to flash stock factory image (return to stock ROM, kernel, recovery, etc).

So unlock the bootloader first when you are on stock (everything on the device including photos, music, personal files , will be deleted) and Root using TowelRoot, flash TWRP recovery using Rashr and when you go back to stock, after you flash the stock factory image, all you need to do is lock the bootloader using a PC (just if you need to take the device for warranty)

or

Leave it locked, root using TowelRoot, flash TWRP recovery using Rashr and when you want to go back to stock, you can then unlock the bootloader (everything on the device will be deleted) , flash the factory image using the PC and then lock the bootloader (just if you need to take the device for warranty)

Last edited:
Reactions: Boyisnusery

AFN

Jul 4, 2013
In these days, we don't need a PC to root and flash a custom recovery anymore usign a PC. If you root using TowelRoot , then you don't need to unlock the bootloader. Also you can use [ROOT] Rashr - Flash Tool , you can flash a custom recovery from it.

But I suggest that you unlock the bootloader because as far as I know, you need it unlocked to flash stock factory image (return to stock ROM, kernel, recovery, etc).

So unlock the bootloader first when you are on stock (everything on the device including photos, music, personal files , will be deleted) and Root using TowelRoot, flash TWRP recovery using Rashr and when you go back to stock, after you flash the stock factory image, all you need to do is lock the bootloader using a PC (just if you need to take the device for warranty)

or

Leave it locked, root using TowelRoot, flash TWRP recovery using Rashr and when you want to go back to stock, you can then unlock the bootloader (everything on the device will be deleted) , flash the factory image using the PC and then lock the bootloader (just if you need to take the device for warranty)
That's not even my question I just asked do we have to unlock the bootloader using THIS method

Worked great on my 16GB Nexus 7 2013!
I was a little confused about what fastboot mode was and researched it. To get fastboot mode make sure device is shut down and unplugged from pc. After device is off press power and volume - key at the same time and hold until a bootloader screen shows and it shows fastboot mode in red on bottom portion of screen then connect to computer and allow windows to load drivers. In my case it loaded ACER ADB driver. when driver loads I ran the ROOTME app and unlocked first and was warned that it will erase personal data then when that was done I rooted and the whole procedure took about 5 minutes. It also installed SuperSU. Very easy program to use. Thanks again!

Reactions: whtmakaveli

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    RootME for Nexus Devices

RootME.png

Easy to Root.

Restore your Device?
    Check this Thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2678394

Requirements:
    • Windows 7 / 8 / 8.1

Download:

You have a problem? reply here or use Contact

best regards Cryten

@Cryten will rooting it unlock the bootloader?

or

Worked great on my 16GB Nexus 7 2013!
    I was a little confused about what fastboot mode was and researched it. To get fastboot mode make sure device is shut down and unplugged from pc. After device is off press power and volume - key at the same time and hold until a bootloader screen shows and it shows fastboot mode in red on bottom portion of screen then connect to computer and allow windows to load drivers. In my case it loaded ACER ADB driver. when driver loads I ran the ROOTME app and unlocked first and was warned that it will erase personal data then when that was done I rooted and the whole procedure took about 5 minutes. It also installed SuperSU. Very easy program to use. Thanks again!