Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,834 Members 46,985 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][4.3] Unofficial OmniROM builds for Nexus 7 (grouper) [MULTIWINDOW][16/10]

Tip us?

Chaosz-X
Old
(Last edited by Chaosz-X; 16th October 2013 at 11:36 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1806

DONATE TO ME
Default [ROM][4.3] Unofficial OmniROM builds for Nexus 7 (grouper) [MULTIWINDOW][16/10]

OmniROM Unofficial Builds

As you all know, OmniROM has been announced yesterday. This brand new ROM contains a lot of new, exciting functionality. One of these new functions is the multi-window support! Just like ROMs on some Galaxy Notes, or the ancient Cornerstone, you can run two applications simultaneously! Aside from that, the best thing about this ROM is the focus on the community: while the ROM itself is not available yet, the developers behind it really seem to be willing to listen to the community, which is a really good thing.

As the team of OmniROM states on their website:

Quote:
Omni is what custom ROMs used to be about – innovation, new features, transparency, community, and freedom. We offer you an alternative to other ROMs that may choose to water down their distribution at the expense of providing options for the user.
And the list of features as listed by XpLoDWilD in this topic:

Quote:
Flippable Quick Settings
Roadrunner mode
Multi-window(!)
Daydream enhancements
Integrated Performance Control
Multi-workspace
Color-changeable, 3D depth Phase Beam
And a bunch more
Unofficial builds

However, builds are not available yet. Logically, the ROM probably has not been thoroughly tested yet and that's why they are not building their source on a nightly basis. If you are as impatient as I am, you probably want to get your hands on this ROM as soon as possible! That's why I compiled OmniROM from source, for the Nexus 7 (grouper).

This flashable ZIP has not been tested yet by myself, but it should be OK. Compiled on Ubuntu 13.04 x86_64, completely as-is from the repository of OmniROM. Let me say again that this ROM is not modified by me; it is directly compiled from source and packaged into a ZIP. All credits go to the team behind OmniROM at http://omnirom.org.

Downloads

The builds below will probably be updated about every three days. I recompile from source whenever significant modifications are added to the multi-window functionality.

16/10 (working fine, with multi-window)
custom_grouper-ota-eng.chaoszx.zip (145.9 MB)
https://mega.co.nz/#!yEsHkDSa!PtTVqV...PKJJ4aPuJA0IH8

14/10 (does not boot):
omnirom-4.3-20131014-NIGHTLY-grouper-unofficial.zip (138.7 MB)
https://mega.co.nz/#!HVF3DDAY!FveJvA...Kf13-zg82cZ118

Thank you

If you appreciate the time I spend to compile these ROMs from source for you, a donation would be appreciated as it would cover a bit of my expenses on power. Aside from that, I am hoping to save some money before I go to university next year, so any donation is much appreciated! PayPal donations can be sent to corepwn20@gmail.com. Thank you in advance for your support.

Notes
Multi-window can be activated by opening an app. Then go back to the launcher by pressing Home. Load up another app. Press the Multitask button, long-press the app you opened previously, and hit 'Split View'.

The Back button is not working at boot. To fix it, go to Settings > Language and Input > Default (under Keyboard & Input Methods) > Google Keyboard. The force closes of the AOSP keyboard won't happen now, and your Back button will work fine.
HTC HD2 / Nexus 7 / HTC Flyer / HTC Desire

Donations by Paypal: corepwn20@gmail.com
The Following 33 Users Say Thank You to Chaosz-X For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Chaosz-X
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1806

DONATE TO ME
Reserved.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chaosz-X For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Chaosz-X
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1806

DONATE TO ME
Reserved as well.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chaosz-X For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Hypercaine
Old
Thanks Meter 44
Flashing failed :/ Will try again.
2012. Asus Google Nexus 7 16GB
MIUI v6 Beta

HTC One (M8) Gunmetal Grey 16GB + Transcend 64GB extreme class 10.
Bone stock
8GB Transcend Class 10

Chaosz-X
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1806

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypercaine View Post
Flashing failed :/ Will try again.

Hang on, I am about to flash it on my Nexus 7. If it doesn't flash, I'll check what's wrong and fix it within an hour

The Following User Says Thank You to Chaosz-X For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

zphantom55
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Flashing right now, this is gonna be great!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

Veiti
Old
Thanks Meter 743
FAILED
set_perm: some changes failed
E:Error executing updater binary in zip /sdcard/
Error flashing zip

Same problem here

Chaosz-X
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1806

DONATE TO ME
Confirmed that there is something wrong. Hang in there guys, working on a solution as we speak

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chaosz-X For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tibere86
Old
Thanks Meter 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosz-x View Post
confirmed that there is something wrong. Hang in there guys, working on a solution as we speak
f5...f5...f5...f5...f5...f5...f5...f5...f5...f5... f5...f5...f5...f5...f5...f5...f5...f5...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tibere86 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Chaosz-X
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1806

DONATE TO ME
The issue with the flashing is resolved. Before uploading the new ZIP, I am investigating the ROM itself. Check back in about an hour at least