Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,054 Members 40,791 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

about to get one

Tip us?

StankFiss
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Default about to get one

im about purchase the htc one max. but couple of question to those already owning it. ill be getting the Verizon version. so what is the easiest way to root? I don't like the sense ui. so does the google play stock rom be put on the Verizon version? what is the best rom out there for this? thanks for your reply

samo_nz
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I just rooted and s-off'd my one max international. Took a few minutes following a guide on here, I had to us 'firewater' not 'rumrunner' to get s-off. Haven't tried any Roms as I think the stock software is fine, if your worried about sense then install a custom launcher and you almost won't notice the difference between sense and AOSP, even the Google experience launcher is in the play store and works well. The reason I rooted was for write access to the SD card.

Its a great phone with beautiful screen and good battery life.

Not really what your looking for but that's my 2 cents worth

Sent from my HTC One max using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

StankFiss
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by samo_nz View Post
I just rooted and s-off'd my one max international. Took a few minutes following a guide on here, I had to us 'firewater' not 'rumrunner' to get s-off. Haven't tried any Roms as I think the stock software is fine, if your worried about sense then install a custom launcher and you almost won't notice the difference between sense and AOSP, even the Google experience launcher is in the play store and works well. The reason I rooted was for write access to the SD card.

Its a great phone with beautiful screen and good battery life.

Not really what your looking for but that's my 2 cents worth

Sent from my HTC One max using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
so it doesn't matter was service you use ..I.E Verizon sprint att or international .. either of those ways of rooting.. rumrunner or firewater will work
?

Wonders_Never_Cease
Old
Thanks Meter 233
for rooting yes, id hold off though as the newest device is set to release....if your going to spend the money on a new device...little smaller screen but better hardware inside@M8

Quote:
Originally Posted by StankFiss View Post
so it doesn't matter was service you use ..I.E Verizon sprint att or international .. either of those ways of rooting.. rumrunner or firewater will work
?

lev777
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Firewater is easy and works great for s-off / root. Still waiting for Rom development to get caught up. I love it.

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using Tapatalk