Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,778 Members 52,254 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Update on wifi

Tip us?

ILowry282
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Update on wifi

I know the 4.4.2 update will only download over WiFi but will it prompt me that the update is available even if I'm not on Wi-Fi? My G2 still says it's up to date but I usually check for the update over a cellular connection

chaki-
Old
Thanks Meter 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILowry282 View Post
I know the 4.4.2 update will only download over WiFi but will it prompt me that the update is available even if I'm not on Wi-Fi? My G2 still says it's up to date but I usually check for the update over a cellular connection
Man i tell'ya, that was the same with me. Then i got the FIBER connection on my GSM phone and there was it....UPDATEEEEE

Maybe Levi Strauss should sue Apple too. He came up with the single button concept on pants first. Apple copied him...........

HTC - was great
Moto - is good'ish
LG G2- the best phone i had (for now)

NevetsDrassel
Old
(Last edited by NevetsDrassel; 8th March 2014 at 02:15 AM.)
Thanks Meter 13
Update is over wifi only unless you download the zip file and install that way. You need the D80010q update before the KK update becomes available.

Sent from my LG-D800

---------- Post added at 09:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 PM ----------

Assuming AT&T model. I do not think that you will receive notification unless you have the 10q installed.

Sent from my LG-D800

ILowry282
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
I'm on T-Mobile. My software version is D80110g. Whenever I manually check for an update via the update center, it tells me that my phone is up to date. I have been under the impression that the T-Mobile LG G2 update is available when you manually check

XxZombiePikachu
Old
Thanks Meter 1095
Quote:
Originally Posted by NevetsDrassel View Post
Update is over wifi only unless you download the zip file and install that way. You need the D80010q update before the KK update becomes available.

Sent from my LG-D800

---------- Post added at 09:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 PM ----------

Assuming AT&T model. I do not think that you will receive notification unless you have the 10q installed.

Sent from my LG-D800
d801 is different model so they will not have a 10q update it will have a different letter at the end

---------- Post added at 10:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILowry282 View Post
I'm on T-Mobile. My software version is D80110g. Whenever I manually check for an update via the update center, it tells me that my phone is up to date. I have been under the impression that the T-Mobile LG G2 update is available when you manually check
you can try contacting your carrier support service ans see if you can get them to push the update to you or you can use this if you want root and recovery (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2673736) or you can try this (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2664028) this option remains totally stock

ILowry282
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
I have a Mac. This feels hopeless.