Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,489 Members 44,952 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Questionable Downgrade Method

Tip us?

Playb3yond
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default Questionable Downgrade Method

I'm currently on 98.30.1 on my Razr M with a locked bootloader. I was wondering if it is possible to restore a backup from another Razr M that backed up and earlier firmware using safestrap. I'm having terrible battery issues with the latest OTA. I had better battery life with 98.12.4 and was curious if this was possible.

aviwdoowks
Old
Thanks Meter 411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Playb3yond View Post
I'm currently on 98.30.1 on my Razr M with a locked bootloader. I was wondering if it is possible to restore a backup from another Razr M that backed up and earlier firmware using safestrap. I'm having terrible battery issues with the latest OTA. I had better battery life with 98.12.4 and was curious if this was possible.
No. Your kernel is locked (boot.img). But once you have a ss backup of your virgin sys (for a fall back when kk comes). Start disabling apps from settings/apps. There is a list of good to remove apps in the 926 forum.

---------- Post added at 09:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 AM ----------

You can try moparman371 ...78 system on ...94 boot.
Go my restore thread ~ in the middle, for the link. You will have to mod the script.

---------- Post added at 09:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 AM ----------

Just # out anything having to do with boot & recovery

---------- Post added at 10:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 AM ----------

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2127650
Moto X, Razr M & msm8960 STUFF

-----------------------------
----------------------------------
My xt907 Noob & Goodies links

My Moto X / Ultra links

Using TapaTalk or Xda app: You Blind!, Get a Real Browser!

Android File Transfer SUCKS! Is there a no root solution for Osx? I am resorting to Parallels DeskTop-W7.