Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,911 Members 49,895 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Unable to Encrypt VZW XT907: CM 10.1.3 Stable w/ CWM 6.0.4.4

Tip us?

somec
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Unable to Encrypt VZW XT907: CM 10.1.3 Stable w/ CWM 6.0.4.4

Hello everyone,

This is my first post on this forum and am seeking help from the community.

I attempt to encrypt the device with a 5 digit PIN. I get as far as the Android Encrypt logo screen however there is no progress bar or percentage complete. Once the phone's screen goes to sleep (2 minutes after initiation of encrypt procedure), I awaken it and I am immediately brought to the unlock screen to enter the PIN.

I enter the PIN and it brings me back to the Encrypt screen, again with no progress bar/percentage.

This basically can go on forever until I reboot the phone.

When I reboot the device it simply starts up as if the encryption procedure was never initiated. I enter my PIN and check the Encryption settings which show as if I never attempted/initiated encryption.

I then figured maybe it has something to do with the screen turning off so I went into Android debugging settings and enabled "Stay Awake". I attempted the encryption procedure again with the same results with then only difference being that the screen would not go to sleep which meant that it would remain in the Android Encrypt screen until I manually turned the screen off and on. Otherwise same exact result...its as if encryption process isn't starting and is only showing the encrypt logo screen.

I suspect it may be related to the CWM recovery image from information I gleaned from other posts involving different phone models/ROMs but I am not sure how to verify this or address it.

ANY HELP WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED!!

Thank you!

Sent from my XT907 using xda app-developers app

cyanidium
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Had the same problem

I had the same problem a while ago and the solution that worked for me at the time is here.

But I haven't encrypted my phone in a while, so while I think the solution would still work, I haven't verified it.