[APP][4.0+] IO Notes: A note-taking app for security and privacy minded people
"If you're expecting an app as complete and full-featured as existing top 3 note-taking apps in the market, IO Notes is not for you. IO Notes will never be as `complete` and `full-featured` as those apps."
IO Notes is a lean, minimalist, and extremely configurable note-taking app for security and privacy minded people.
Notes created using IO Notes are secured using industry standard AES encryption, and stored inside a database file which is encrypted using the same standard.
Access to IO Notes is always password protected. Note that forgetting your password simply means losing access to your notes. There's no way to recover your password. Consider yourself warned!
Whether your notes contain sensitive information or not, it doesn't mean you should allow others to have their eyes on your notes easily.
- Encrypted notes
- Encrypted database
- Password protected access to app (optional is never an option for this)
- Free (as in beer)
- Ad-free (forever)
- Dark and Light theme
- Zen Mode for distraction-free note-taking session
- Alarm (sound, vibration, LED with color choice)
- Minimum password length configuration
- Backup and restore
- Font type configuration
- Font size configuration
- Color (assign color to note)
- Filter note based on assigned color
- Share (receive text data from another app, send note's text data to another app)
- Cloud sync (In-App Purchase)
- Landscape layout
- Tablet layout
- Attachment (any file type)
- Soothing audio in Zen Mode
Encrypted content (within encrypted database):
- Note's title
- Note's content
Plain text content (within encrypted database):
- Date time information
- Alarm's message
- Color code
Alarm's message also duplicated on your device in plain text format, unencrypted. This is necessary to make sure alarms are set properly across device reboot. Exercise caution to not leak note's content in alarm's message.
- German (thanks to Christian Orjeda)
- Spanish (thanks to Christian Orjeda)
RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED: To set alarms across device reboot.
READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: To list available backup file.
WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: To create backup file.
VIBRATE: To vibrate the device when an alarm sets off.
If you'd like to see a planned feature prioritized, or a feature not on the list, I encourage you to request it via Feedback menu from IO Notes app.
IO Notes only supports devices running Android v4.0+. It is tested on:
- LG Nexus 5 (OmniROM, Android v.4.4.4)
- Samsung Galaxy Note II (N7100, Stock/OmniROM, Android v4.4.2)
- Samsung Galaxy S (I9000, CyanogenMod, Android v4.4.2)
- Asus Nexus 7 (2013 WiFi, AOSP, Android L Preview)
"O monstrous world! Take note, take note, o world, to be direct and honest is not safe!" - William Shakespeare