Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,635 Members 38,621 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Possible Screen Malfunction ?

Tip us?

MiddleThinkr
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question Possible Screen Malfunction ?

Hey since like 3 days i have these strange errors in a particular "area" of my Touchscreen, its just not responding there anymore OR its "touching" itself like a ghost ( hard to describe im sorry ), i will post a sort of picture so you can see in wich area it is, anyone wich such a problem here too ? and suggestions how to fix that ?

Thanks !
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	touch defekt.png
Views:	20
Size:	7.7 KB
ID:	2621419  

nkk71
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,903
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiddleThinkr View Post
Hey since like 3 days i have these strange errors in a particular "area" of my Touchscreen, its just not responding there anymore OR its "touching" itself like a ghost ( hard to describe im sorry ), i will post a sort of picture so you can see in wich area it is, anyone wich such a problem here too ? and suggestions how to fix that ?

Thanks !
1- Try dialing *#*#3424#*#* to get to the diagnostics, and use the Line Drawing Test to see if all of the touchscreen is working.

2- ""touching" itself like a ghost" go to Settings -> Developer options -> enable Show touches to track if the screen is "hitting" itself
The Following User Says Thank You to nkk71 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]