Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,708 Members 52,567 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] help needed! regarding root

Tip us?

vikas64vk@gmail.com
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Tablet [Q] help needed! regarding root

my galaxy note n7100 currently running on 4.1.2 i want to root my device to be able to install ditto note 3 D3 rom. please tell me whether i can directly flash 4.3 D3 rom running 4.1.2 or i have to update to 4.3 then i will be able to flash? please provide rooting guide and links which are necessary."Thanks alot

JedNote2
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Default Yow

It is ok for you to flash dn3 is you're coming from 4.1.2 but you need to flash the MJ5 bootloader for that if you face wifi is not working, just go to the main thread mate, and for the rooting i think the easiest way is cf auto root, try to search for your phone which is gt n7100 regarding cf auto root

geekynoob
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2169

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by vikas64vk@gmail.com View Post
my galaxy note n7100 currently running on 4.1.2 i want to root my device to be able to install ditto note 3 D3 rom. please tell me whether i can directly flash 4.3 D3 rom running 4.1.2 or i have to update to 4.3 then i will be able to flash? please provide rooting guide and links which are necessary."Thanks alot
Do the FOllowing..

1- Theres No need to Root As u just need a custom recovery to Flash the ROM
2- Flash TWRP OR Philz recovery USING ODIN
3- Copy the rom into your SD Card
4- Reboot into recovery using the 3 button combo (Volume up+home+power)
5- Philz- Format data> Clean to install a new Rom. or TWRP- Wipe>Advanced Wipe> Data, dalvik, system, cache, FORMAT
6- Flash the rom..and Reboot
7- You will not have wifi Working Flash MJ5 bootloader from Dr.Ketan's thread using ODIN and you are good to go..!

Give a Chance to a New Developer..!! Xda is just not about Fanboyism..
It's about encouraging a person who is investing his/her time and resources for you.. For FREE..!!

hzyn
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I Think there is more than one app in play store making root in easy way try one of them....