Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,068 Members 46,729 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How do I flash a Verizon HTC Rezound to straight talk.

Tip us?

Redsn0w_Fall
Old
(Last edited by Redsn0w_Fall; 29th October 2013 at 12:46 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] How do I flash a Verizon HTC Rezound to straight talk.

Sent from my LGL35G using xda app-developers app

mjones73
Old
Thanks Meter 750

DONATE TO ME
Found this with the search function, it's from last year, not sure if it's still accurate.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...light=straight
Matt
LG G2 - Stock/rooted/debloated/G2 Tweaksbox
HTC Rezound - S-Off - Retired
The Following User Says Thank You to mjones73 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

acejavelin
Old
Thanks Meter 418

DONATE TO ME
"Flashing to Straight Talk" can vary, depending on how you want to go about it... Straight Talk has two types of service, CDMA and GSM, both of which will work on the Rezound to a varying degree.

The CDMA mode is as @mjones73 mentioned, and it required a donor phone to clone the ESN/MEID from to be activated. This will use Verizon service in 3G mode, which is kind of slow (about 600kbps in my area at best) but it will work. The practice of ESN cloning is... umm... questionable though technically possible.

The GSM mode requires a stockish global mode ROM, and a T-Mobile or AT&T SIM card from Straight Talk... Voice and SMS will work out of the box, MMS and data require a little tweaking. There are a few guides out there but @REV3NT3CH is working on a guide to get AT&T 4G on the Rezound... yes, I said 4G! I believe he also has/had 3G working on T-Mobile service with Straight Talk as well. Be patient, those guides will be coming soon, I know he is working on them and they should be ready soon.
Current Personal Phone: Google Nexus 4 on Cricket/Aio (Beanstalk 4.4.4 with hells-Core Kernel)
Current Work Phone: LG G2 VS980 on VZW (Official Beanstalk)
Current Tablet: iPad 4 and Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2
Other phones "in the family": HTC DNA, HTC One (M7), Motorola Moto G GPE
Previous/Retired Android Devices: HTC Aria, HTC Incredible 2, HTC Rezound, Samsung Stratosphere, Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nextbook 8P
The Following User Says Thank You to acejavelin For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Mrhunter13
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 118

DONATE TO ME
I can help anybody flash their phone to straight talk PM me

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

4GivenByChrist
Old
Thanks Meter 45
Just wondering if there was any update on the potential access to 4g for the Rezzy on Straight Talk. Saw it mentioned and have been thinking about flashing over to Straight Talk.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

acejavelin
Old
Thanks Meter 418

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4GivenByChrist View Post
Just wondering if there was any update on the potential access to 4g for the Rezzy on Straight Talk. Saw it mentioned and have been thinking about flashing over to Straight Talk.

4G on Verizon (CDMA/LTE) will likely never be possible unless Verizon has a serious change of policy.

4G/LTE may be possible on an StraightTalk AT&T SIM, @REV3NT3CH keeps saying he has it working and will be putting out this step-by-step guide, but so far it seems just like a vaporous apparition.
Current Personal Phone: Google Nexus 4 on Cricket/Aio (Beanstalk 4.4.4 with hells-Core Kernel)
Previous/Retired Android Devices: HTC Aria, HTC Incredible 2, HTC Rezound, Samsung Stratosphere, Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nextbook 8P

tmanschuette
Old
Thanks Meter 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by acejavelin View Post
4G on Verizon (CDMA/LTE) will likely never be possible unless Verizon has a serious change of policy.

4G/LTE may be possible on an StraightTalk AT&T SIM, @REV3NT3CH keeps saying he has it working and will be putting out this step-by-step guide, but so far it seems just like a vaporous apparition.
Um.. Typo maybe? Maybe I didn't read that right?
I'm on Verizon and I get 4g fine.
Maybe you meant GSM won't get 4g, or that Verizon phones won't get 4g on different networks?
Lol.

acejavelin
Old
Thanks Meter 418

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmanschuette View Post
Um.. Typo maybe? Maybe I didn't read that right?
I'm on Verizon and I get 4g fine.
Maybe you meant GSM won't get 4g, or that Verizon phones won't get 4g on different networks?
Lol.

Sorry, I meant a phone with Straight Talk service using Verizon towers.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to acejavelin For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

REV3NT3CH
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1372

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by acejavelin View Post
Sorry, I meant a phone with Straight Talk service using Verizon towers.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
to answer all the confusion....the htc vigor (rezound) has all the bands to support it...they are just locked by default in the nv....its alot of hex coding and as i do get 4g i also noticed a few errors....like it confusing certain roms to default and do a weird lock and defaults back to cdma only after a few hours of usage on 4g....the reason for its delay on release is kitkat development
☢ Samsung Galaxy SIII ☢
Rom: [4.4.3] [Official] LiquidSmooth v3.1 Kernel: Deathly 1.6 Recovery: TWRP 2.7.0.0
☢ Samsung Relay 4g ☢
Rom: [4.4.3] [Official] LiquidSmooth v3.1 Kernel: B14CKB1RD Recovery:TWRP 2.7.0.0
☢ HTC REZOUND ☢
HBOOT: 2.28, Unlocked, S-Off, 2.23.10.0123r/2.23.10.0124r radios Recovery: TWRP 2.7.0.0 (Masque Of The Red Death)

Donations are never expected but are greatly appreciated

blu422
Old
Thanks Meter 46
As far as gsm goes I didn't even hafta do anything I just popped in my sim card to stock and I could do calls texts yes both sending and receiving (but this is on T-Mobile gsm which should be similar) I haven't found a ROM yet (I'm on PAC man right now) that I can't get everything working on it without too much trouble (I don't have a data plan but I can get MMS to work which works through data)

Edit: (I couldn't get Gsm working on the 4.4 ROM) but that's it

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda app-developers app
__________________________________________________ ____________________________________

Any spare time? Check this out.