Post Reply

Recommendation for ROM

OP alope441

8th August 2012, 03:59 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
58 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
looking for a good ROM with better results with battery life and of course stability. currently on Scotts Clean Rom 3.5 and looking for something with the new ICS update and firmware. Been looking around and just would like to hear some recommendations.
8th August 2012, 04:05 AM   |  #2  
Squirrel1620's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 255
 
922 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by alope441

looking for a good ROM with better results with battery life and of course stability. currently on Scotts Clean Rom 3.5 and looking for something with the new ICS update and firmware. Been looking around and just would like to hear some recommendations.

Try looking at the development section. If you want sense I'd recommend viperrez. I if you don't then use neomax. Also the cm9 and aokp roms are awesome but they are beta not completely working yet

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to Squirrel1620 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th August 2012, 04:10 AM   |  #3  
zac41189's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Albuquerque
Thanks Meter: 38
 
139 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by alope441

looking for a good ROM with better results with battery life and of course stability. currently on Scotts Clean Rom 3.5 and looking for something with the new ICS update and firmware. Been looking around and just would like to hear some recommendations.

Depends on if you like sense or de-sensed roms.

For sense I like CONROM and the OTA ICS plus rom from micromod777.
For de-sensed I like both of Neo's roms (fast as hell) or CONROM with the desense option in aroma installer.
The Following User Says Thank You to zac41189 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th August 2012, 04:15 AM   |  #4  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
58 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrel1620

Try looking at the development section. If you want sense I'd recommend viperrez. I if you don't then use neomax. Also the cm9 and aokp roms are awesome but they are beta not completely working yet

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda app-developers app

yeah i have been thinking bout getting a ROM that is desensed and it sounds like desensed is much faster... I'll have to look at neomax since two replys have mentioned it... thank you for the quick response
8th August 2012, 04:38 AM   |  #5  
Squirrel1620's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 255
 
922 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by alope441

yeah i have been thinking bout getting a ROM that is desensed and it sounds like desensed is much faster... I'll have to look at neomax since two replys have mentioned it... thank you for the quick response

For some reason I experienced a lot of lagginess with neos roms although I liked them a lot so I switched back to ViperRez I know benchmarks mean nothing but I couldn't break 5000 with neomax (antutu) and on viperrez I get a constant 6800 :what:

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda app-developers app
8th August 2012, 05:35 AM   |  #6  
dplane's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Motor City
Thanks Meter: 157
 
425 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
More
Big fan of Neo's latest Adrenaline here, including battery life, it also appears smoother than 1.6 and below but it does appear to be more sluggish than Venom. Having said that however my battery life with the Venom rom was horrible and my phone heated up a lot..never have the latter issue with Neo's rom or Nils' Business Sense 3.6 v5.7 rom for that matter (highly recommend giving that a shot too)
27th March 2014, 08:41 PM   |  #7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
More
I highly recommend using ElipticRez by hawknest


Quote:
Originally Posted by alope441

looking for a good ROM with better results with battery life and of course stability. currently on Scotts Clean Rom 3.5 and looking for something with the new ICS update and firmware. Been looking around and just would like to hear some recommendations.

28th March 2014, 12:04 AM   |  #8  
Senior Member
Flag North East, MD
Thanks Meter: 796
 
2,918 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by delgado32

I highly recommend using ElipticRez by hawknest

I hope he's still not looking 1 1/2 years later..

Seriously though, thanks for your input, no need to wake up year old threads.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mjones73 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd April 2014, 04:53 AM   |  #9  
z3pp3lin's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Southern AZ
Thanks Meter: 40
 
117 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjones73

I hope he's still not looking 1 1/2 years later..

Seriously though, thanks for your input, no need to wake up year old threads.

Hilarious

Sent from my VS980 4G using xda app-developers app
4th April 2014, 04:44 PM   |  #10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 20
 
333 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
Well Im looking again was thinking about starting a new thread but we can use this one. Im currently on Liquidsmooth but batter life is less than stellar and it lags a bit at times.

whats out there currently? No sense......

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes