Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,429 Members 53,675 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Android 4.3 Unlock Bootloader?

Tip us?

Cowboys2410
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Android 4.3 Unlock Bootloader?

Hi all,
I looked around and it seems to me there is currently no way to unlock the bootloader on the Verizon Note 2 w/ 4.3 Jellybean installed. I have my phone rooted, but I would really like to install CM. Do any of you know if we're getting closer to a method to unlock the bootloader? Is there already one? Will we never get one? Just an update is all I'm looking for. Really appreciate all answers. Thanks a lot!

akellar
Old
Thanks Meter 1753
Not happening

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app
Please note, I do not do ROM support via PM. If you have a question, ask in the device thread. Thanks.
The Following User Says Thank You to akellar For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mrraya
Old
Thanks Meter 9
its not gonna happen from what i read devs have moved on

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to mrraya For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Cowboys2410
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
oh well . Thanks for answering.

manbat
Old
(Last edited by manbat; 9th March 2014 at 08:14 AM.)
Thanks Meter 176
They say it can be done...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2671333
Sent from my SCH-I605 / Galaxy Note 2 / JB 4.3 / Unlocked, Rooted, ROMed and ANGi-ed !!... using Tapatalk v 2.4.13
manbat

Samsung Galaxy Note II / Unlocked, Rooted and ROMed / JB 4.3
.........and
HTC / ReZound / S-OFF and Rooted / ICS 4.0.3 / 4.05.605.14 71ORD /....
.........and
Samsung Tab 3, 7 Tablet / Rooted / TWRP Recovery
.........and
(RETIRED) HTC / Touch Pro 2 / Mr. X Fixed Verizon MR2 ROM / WM6.5 / Sense 2.5 / Co0kies Home Tab v1.8.5 / WiMoSpeed v1.07

If I helped, please hit the "THANKS" button.

jcollier
Old
Thanks Meter 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by manbat View Post
They say it can be done...

Sent from my SCH-I605 / Galaxy Note 2 / JB 4.3 / Unlocked, Rooted, ROMed and ANGi-ed !!... using Tapatalk v 2.4.13
Actually, that downgrades your phone to a version that still has the unlockable bootloader, it doesn't unlock the 4.3 bootloader. Granted, that the end point is essentially the same, it is a different methodology.

manbat
Old
(Last edited by manbat; 10th March 2014 at 03:12 AM.)
Thanks Meter 176
My actual bootloader version is I605VRALJB (4.11). I unlocked long ago with Adams original method...pre Casual...lol. So being able to go back to the 4.12 bootloader would be a good thing for people stuck on 4.3 and locked bootloader. It would allow the flashing of ROMs and custom recovery...the end goal...as you mentioned, but ...true it is not a 4.3 bootloader unlock....lol

manbat

Samsung Galaxy Note II / Unlocked, Rooted and ROMed / JB 4.3
.........and
HTC / ReZound / S-OFF and Rooted / ICS 4.0.3 / 4.05.605.14 71ORD /....
.........and
Samsung Tab 3, 7 Tablet / Rooted / TWRP Recovery
.........and
(RETIRED) HTC / Touch Pro 2 / Mr. X Fixed Verizon MR2 ROM / WM6.5 / Sense 2.5 / Co0kies Home Tab v1.8.5 / WiMoSpeed v1.07

If I helped, please hit the "THANKS" button.

onefast50
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboys2410 View Post
Hi all,
I looked around and it seems to me there is currently no way to unlock the bootloader on the Verizon Note 2 w/ 4.3 Jellybean installed. I have my phone rooted, but I would really like to install CM. Do any of you know if we're getting closer to a method to unlock the bootloader? Is there already one? Will we never get one? Just an update is all I'm looking for. Really appreciate all answers. Thanks a lot!
Check it out, they can do it and what a great job they do. I just got mine back from then and it was on 4.3 OTA with locked bootloader. Now I'm on 4.1.2 and unlocked bootloader. Just flashed kitkat and TWRP . Josh will treat you right.

The Following User Says Thank You to onefast50 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]