Originally Posted by gisek
Next week I'm getting a new SG S4 from T-Mobile (Poland). I personally use Orange SIM card (also Poland) and I don't want to change it.
First of all I'd like to get rid of the T-Mobile rom and replace it with the official stock rom.
- I found this site sammobile.com/firmwares/ They have a lot of firmwares to download, but is the site trustworthy?
- Will flashing the official stock rom unlock the SIM card (so I could use my from Orange)? Otherwise, how can I unlock it? (I've seen this hack with hidden menu, but people reported it no longer works)
- There are plenty of roms to choose from: "Poland - XEO", "Poland (T-mobile) - TPL", "Polang (Orange) - IDE", etc. I Guess this "Poland XEO" is the official stock. Is that suitable for a phone I get from T-mobile?
- Suppose I want to come back to the original rom and use Kies again. Should I make a backup (and how?) before I flash the official stock? Or will downloading and flashing "Poland (T-mobile) - TPL" re-enable Kies?
2. No. You can unlock it by IMEI.
3. Poland - XEO is for unlocked devices. Maybe u bought it in Poland but the phone no is of that region. Its better conect it to KIES 3 and see the CSC for confirm it. If u get it from T-mobile and the phone no is unlocked, u will have to flash "Poland (T-mobile) - TPL".
4. I think u need read and learn how do the process of FLASHING. Dont flash anything without know what u are doing before. Use the search button in this incredible XDA forum
CLICK "THANKS" BUTTON IF I HELPED YA