Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,888 Members 36,801 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Mod][4.1.2][TW] Ink Effect No S Pen Now with Red/Black [Darker Ink]

Tip us?
 
regulusv7
Old
(Last edited by regulusv7; 20th December 2012 at 01:46 PM.) Reason: add content
#1  
regulusv7's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 465
Posts: 285
Join Date: Sep 2012

 
DONATE TO ME
Default [Mod][4.1.2][TW] Ink Effect No S Pen Now with Red/Black [Darker Ink]

New Darker Ink - For those of you that like the darker ink over the stock ink I modified the colors to make them bolder. Let me know what you think.

Flash either Darker ink or Ink Effect Red and Black but not both. They override each other.

Just flash the files attached. The first is the new patched android.policy.jar which should work like the other
The 2nd is a vrtheme to add classes.dex to secsettings so that you can choose the new colors

Step 1:
Flash the ink effect that you would like. Only diffenece between v1 and v2 is the grey shadow on lockscreen.
Step 2:
Flash SecSettings RedBlack especially if you want the Red and Black options to show up in you settings menu.

That's it. Pretty simple If you want darker in pick that one, if you want the standard ink pick that one. They override each other so only pick one.


I also attached the classes.dex file so you can do it manually for different roms, just overwrite the classes.dex in the secsettings.apk DO NOT FLASH THIS ONE. IT JUST HAS CLASSES.DEX IN IT.

V2
Removed the greyish tint on lockscreen that bajanman noticed. If you like it you can keep v1 that is the only change.

I would like to give a special thanks to jarari2 for helping me get the arrays right in the smali.

Confirmed Working on
NOTEorious Prime RC1.5 JB 4.1.2 AOSP/TW Mash-up N7105
CleanROM 3.0.1 Thanks P1 Wookie
Jelly Thunder Thanks Bajanman
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2012-12-13-11-41-13.jpg
Views:	4244
Size:	27.3 KB
ID:	1560647  
Attached Files
File Type: zip Ink Effect Red and Black.zip - [Click for QR Code] (576.3 KB, 607 views)
File Type: zip SecSettings RedBlack.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.49 MB, 767 views)
File Type: zip classes.zip - [Click for QR Code] (973.1 KB, 210 views)
File Type: zip Darker Ink.zip - [Click for QR Code] (576.3 KB, 192 views)
File Type: zip Ink Effect Red and Black v2.zip - [Click for QR Code] (576.3 KB, 546 views)
File Type: zip Ink Effect v2.zip - [Click for QR Code] (576.1 KB, 397 views)
File Type: zip Darker Ink v2.zip - [Click for QR Code] (576.3 KB, 424 views)
The Following 30 Users Say Thank You to regulusv7 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
cjsspape Old
#2  
Guest
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by regulusv7 View Post
I finally figured out how to add red and black into settings and got them working.
Just flash the files attached. The first is the new patched android.policy.jar which should work like the other
The 2nd is a vrtheme to add classes.dex to secsettings so that you can choose the new colors


I also attached the classes.dex file so you can do it manually for different roms, just overwrite the classes.dex in the secsettings.apk DO NOT FLASH THIS ONE. IT JUST HAS CLASSES.DEX IN IT.
Will this overwrite the previous policy.jar? Or add to it? Things like 4 way reboot are coded into it and unless its baked in with it then it could break that functionality right?

Sent from my SGH-I317 using xda premium
 
regulusv7
Old
#3  
regulusv7's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 465
Posts: 285
Join Date: Sep 2012

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjsspape View Post
Will this overwrite the previous policy.jar? Or add to it? Things like 4 way reboot are coded into it and unless its baked in with it then it could break that functionality right?

Sent from my SGH-I317 using xda premium
I used an android.policy.jar that included all of that. It will overwrite it.
cjsspape Old
#4  
Guest
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by regulusv7 View Post
I used an android.policy.jar that included all of that. It will overwrite it.
Awesome. Great work man!

Sent from my SGH-I317 using xda premium
 
regulusv7
Old
#5  
regulusv7's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 465
Posts: 285
Join Date: Sep 2012

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjsspape View Post
Awesome. Great work man!

Sent from my SGH-I317 using xda premium
Thanks. Took many tries but I made it out alive. Let me know if the flashable classes.dex works for others. It worked for me but I dont't know if that is rom specific that's why I just included the manual way.
cjsspape Old
#6  
Guest
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by regulusv7 View Post
Thanks. Took many tries but I made it out alive. Let me know if the flashable classes.dex works for others. It worked for me but I dont't know if that is rom specific that's why I just included the manual way.
What was your base rom?

It should work because I think all the 4.1.2 ROMs use the same base build.

Sent from my SGH-I317 using xda premium
 
regulusv7
Old
(Last edited by regulusv7; 13th December 2012 at 05:56 PM.)
#7  
regulusv7's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 465
Posts: 285
Join Date: Sep 2012

 
DONATE TO ME
Go to first new post
[ROM] NOTEorious Prime RC1.5 JB 4.1.2 AOSP/TW Mash-up N7105 base 12/7/21012

Sent from my SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app
 
regulusv7
Old
#8  
regulusv7's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 465
Posts: 285
Join Date: Sep 2012

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjsspape View Post
What was your base rom?

It should work because I think all the 4.1.2 ROMs use the same base build.

Sent from my SGH-I317 using xda premium
Ok let me know how it worked out for you. So far no problems for me I have changed the colors back and forth and messed around with other lockscreen settings and everything seems good. I guess I will add all confirmed working roms to the op if people tell me.
cjsspape Old
#9  
Guest
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by regulusv7 View Post
Ok let me know how it worked out for you. So far no problems for me I have changed the colors back and forth and messed around with other lockscreen settings and everything seems good. I guess I will add all confirmed working roms to the op if people tell me.
Its working good for me I just flashed it. Very deep colors its awesome haha you did some good stuff here. Was easy to flash too. I'm using my ROM so I can't say if it'll work on other ones but I'll definitely be including this in a new update if that's cool with you?

Sent from my SGH-I317 using xda premium
 
regulusv7
Old
#10  
regulusv7's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 465
Posts: 285
Join Date: Sep 2012

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjsspape View Post
Its working good for me I just flashed it. Very deep colors its awesome haha you did some good stuff here. Was easy to flash too. I'm using my ROM so I can't say if it'll work on other ones but I'll definitely be including this in a new update if that's cool with you?

Sent from my SGH-I317 using xda premium
That's fine with me. That's why I released it.

The Following User Says Thank You to regulusv7 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes