Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,274 Members 45,752 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Nook/Kindle App file location

Tip us?

harryzee
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Question [Q] Nook/Kindle App file location

I have my NC set up with NC1.42 stock as the alternate boot and CM7.2.0 RC3 Kang as the primary with both internal on eMMc.

I have successfully added epub titles to the stock/alternate boot side that show up as they should in my NC library.

However, for the life of me, I cannot find the file folders that contain my epub/mobi titles on the CM7...side for either the Nook or the Kindle app that I use on that side!

I would like to keep the stock and app Nook loaded with the same titles which (prior to my recent manual title loading) was never an issue. I would also like to manually add mobi titles to the Kindle app.

I have used both Root Explorer and File Manager to no avail in identifying those specific folders.

When I connect the USB cable to my NC, I get two drives: "H" which appears to be for CM7 and "I" which is where I manually load files for the stock side.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance.

meteorrock
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 242
So you have root access on your nook? I use a file explorer from the android playstore called "ES file explorer" , you just type in your books into the search function and that file explorer will track down whatever loaded content you have on the nook.

On mine the books by default on the nook color are located on the mnt/emmc/B&N downloads/books

I haven't changed the path for this since I rooted mine.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Keep in mind when you transfer files off of your computer onto your nook on what the file path is. You could of transfered those files anywhere on the nook if you was not paying attention and might be in a different path. Just use that search function with that file app I gave you. Its free on the android playstore.
The Following User Says Thank You to meteorrock For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

harryzee
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
The problem is not on the side where my stock 1.4.2 is. The issue I am having is finding the equivalent folders on the CM side for both the Nook and Kindle apps.

j8048188
Old
Thanks Meter 33
It would be located under the /emmc directory. Browse all the way up to root to get there.

Sent from my NookColor using xda app-developers app

stolenmoment
Old
Thanks Meter 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by harryzee View Post
The problem is not on the side where my stock 1.4.2 is. The issue I am having is finding the equivalent folders on the CM side for both the Nook and Kindle apps.
B&N content is in /sdcard/Nook. Amazon content is in /sdcard/kindle.

A good file explorer is a valuable tool. I use Root Explorer.

harryzee
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Still no luck under either eMMC or SD Card. Can find only those titles for NOOK that are part of 1.4.2 (sd card).

NewtPulsifer
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by harryzee View Post
Still no luck under either eMMC or SD Card. Can find only those titles for NOOK that are part of 1.4.2 (sd card).
On CM11, they're under /data/media/0/Nook/Content