Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,395 Members 46,894 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Moto G turning off itself

Tip us?

imagenerator
Old
(Last edited by imagenerator; 9th March 2014 at 08:08 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Moto G turning off itself

It's a long history.

One day, my Moto G stop charging. He charge until 1%, then turn itself on, and when it was on, it wasn't charging. I thought that was a OS/software problem, but nothing was sloving. I send to warranty and there they send me back saying that a piece was oxidated and was my fault, so they can't help me. When the cellphone arrive back, it was charging normaly. I really doesn't understand. But my PC wasn't showing the smartphone when plugged in the USB port. I started to use AirDroid.

I have a little struggle to update to Android 4.4.2 but I did it. The smartphone was really weird, but I let it go. Now I have the most annoying problem. It keep turning off by itself. I don't know if is software/OS, hardware, some app, something I'm doing wrong, but it's driving me crazy.

Please guys, help =[

P.S.: Sorry my bad english.
The Following User Says Thank You to imagenerator For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

serophia
Old
Thanks Meter 36
I had same issue where it turned off on its own and wouldn't charge. I plug cable to wall charger and held power button for 1 minute nothing happened so I kept pressing power button repeatedly until it vibrated and started charging.

Sent from my XT1034 using xda app-developers app

imagenerator
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
So, it's charging normally now, but it keeps turning off itself. Another annoying problems is that it turn itself on when I connect it in the USB port on my PC, but not when I plug on wall charger.

imagenerator
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Sorry for the double post, but I'm don't know what to do anymore! Please, someone help me! Any ideas!

serophia
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Try this
Plug it in
Hold power button for 2-3 mins
Leave it charging for an hour then unplug
Hold power button for 30 seconds it should vibrate and boot

Sent from my XT1034 using xda app-developers app

imagenerator
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
I guess you missing the point: I CAN charge and I CAN turn it on. The problem is that the cellphone keeps turning itself off at random. Random time, in random activites.

tje1991
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by imagenerator View Post
I guess you missing the point: I CAN charge and I CAN turn it on. The problem is that the cellphone keeps turning itself off at random. Random time, in random activites.
Hi are you able to connect the phone to a PC? If so I would transfer important data and then do a factory reset to see if that solves your issue sounds more like a software problem to me.

imagenerator
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Already did a Factory Reset (the one in Configuration, the one the Fastboot just normally boot the device) and the problem persist.

imagenerator
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
So no one can help me? =[

xxeldaddyjrxx
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by imagenerator View Post
So no one can help me? =[
does the phone fades purple then goes crazy then shuts down for a while then turns back on?