How to Control Both Moto G and Moto E LEDs

Notification LEDs offer a great way to check for notification at a glance on the Moto G (2013) and … more

LG G3 Receives Oversharpening Fix via Modified Kernel

Nothing is perfect, as they say. No matter how alluring or seemingly perfect, … more

APKTool Updated with Android Lollipop Support

One of the beauties of Android is the level of flexibility we have over our devices. Whether … more

Lollipop Leak for Sprint Galaxy S5, TWRP for Micromax Canvas Magnus – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been leaked for the Sprint … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

samsung galaxy s3 t999 boot loop need help please

OP 911techrepair

8th March 2014, 11:21 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
hello every one i have another gs3 with another boot loop issue. so on first sight the phone looks good. it will turn on and show the screen saying "samsung galaxy sIII" but after that it goes black and 3 seconds later it vibrates then another 3 seconds and it vibrates again and then 3 more seconds and the boot screen is back displaying "samsung galaxy sIII". it will not boot in to recovery mode, however i can get to odin mode or download mode. it has never bin rooted, and it has stock rom, but i did try rooting it throu odin mode and it failed multiple times as well as the phone would display "unsupported format"? i have seen this before and it ended up being a power button and well i tried replacing that with no effect. i also noticed that when you do try booting the phone into recovery mode it will say "recoverybooting" in blue letters at the top left hand corner but just keeps boot looping, i need to recover the data on the phone since i was going to back it up but could not do it in time lmao!!!! any help or suggestions would be appreciated, i have bin at this for days now and my chances are looking dim some one said reinstal the stock rom throu odin mode i guess my only question is will reinstalling stock rom wipe my data or no?
9th March 2014, 07:59 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
More
Solution
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911techrepair

hello every one i have another gs3 with another boot loop issue. so on first sight the phone looks good. it will turn on and show the screen saying "samsung galaxy sIII" but after that it goes black and 3 seconds later it vibrates then another 3 seconds and it vibrates again and then 3 more seconds and the boot screen is back displaying "samsung galaxy sIII". it will not boot in to recovery mode, however i can get to odin mode or download mode. it has never bin rooted, and it has stock rom, but i did try rooting it throu odin mode and it failed multiple times as well as the phone would display "unsupported format"? i have seen this before and it ended up being a power button and well i tried replacing that with no effect. i also noticed that when you do try booting the phone into recovery mode it will say "recoverybooting" in blue letters at the top left hand corner but just keeps boot looping, i need to recover the data on the phone since i was going to back it up but could not do it in time lmao!!!! any help or suggestions would be appreciated, i have bin at this for days now and my chances are looking dim some one said reinstal the stock rom throu odin mode i guess my only question is will reinstalling stock rom wipe my data or no?

Hey I had the same problem as you and just managed to fix it.

Try this guide: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2004650

Thanks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread