Originally Posted by Remolten
1. Have you tried setting to the performance governor? I had the same problem when I set to 2.157 GHz it didn't actually go above 1.836 GHz.
2. Also try rebooting and then try to set it again. Try using No Frills CPU Control.
3. Overclocking above 1.782 GHz doesn't seem to present any HUGE benefits right now. It will drastically lower your battery life.
4. Benchmarks don't really equate to real life performance.
1. I've tried every CPU speed above 1.782GHz in performance. And tried multiple of different speeds on interactive and ondemand. If I set it to anything over 1.782GHz it would get stuck 1.188GHz. Basically, CPU stepping is broken above 1.782GHz.
2. I've rebooted between all runs with different CPU apps. I don't know about No Frill CPU Control, but how would it be any different from the apps I've already used or the built in CM CPU control settings. I will try it out in a bit but I'm pretty sure it wouldn't really change anything.
3. Attempting to overclock over 1.782GHz seems to make the device slower in general.
4. Sure, benchmarks don't equal real world performance, but we're talking about less than half the score. Also, the entire device was just less responsive in general.
Xperia ZL 4.4.2 Ultimate BlackXZL v2 | Xperia ZL 4.2 | HP TouchPad CM11 | K-R42 4.4.2 | MiniX Neo X5 4.4.2 | Samsung Galaxy S Captivate CM10.1