Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,200 Members 40,311 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Help! htc Amaze stuck at htc boot screen

Tip us?

sodambored
Old
(Last edited by sodambored; 29th November 2012 at 01:49 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] Help! htc Amaze stuck at htc boot screen

For the past week or so, I have been looking through this forum and looking for a solution. I have tried many but all have failed. I tried to flash the custom rom Energy but it won't load. I originally had stock Wind ICS rooted using hasoon's all in one tool.

EDIT: I fixed my phone by flashing a kernel but I don't understand why that worked. I was trying random stuff. If possible, can someone explain this to me why this might have fixed it?

aj_2423
Old
Thanks Meter 1025
Are you s-on? If so then that is why. If you are s-on then you need to be using 4ext recovery with smartflash enabled. Using any other recovery will not flash the kernel when you flash the Rom unless you are s-off

sent from my
NRGized amaze
powered by Faux
The Following User Says Thank You to aj_2423 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Ninjistix
Old
Thanks Meter 93

DONATE TO ME
if you are s-on i would recommend that you s-off your phone and supercid it so u can use the t-mobile roms, but yes you should be using 4EXT if you are S-ON to flash roms, if your stuck at the boot screen as long as you can get into recover there is hope.. just flash a different rom or relock ur bootloader and return to stock following one of my posts in this section about returning wind mobile to stock, if you need any further help just let me know
Current Devices
HTC Amaze 4G S-OFF - Speed Rom []Ruby[] (Wife)
Samsung Galaxy Note II - Jedi-X []T889[] (Mine)
-hit thanks to show your appreciation- Thank You
Old Devices

Samsung Galaxy S III []T999[] (Sold)
HTC Sensation []Pyramid[] (Back-up)
Samsung Galaxy Indulge []R910[] (Donated)
Samsung Galaxy S II []i9100[] (Returned)
HTC Amaze 4G []Ruby[] (Sold)

michledwin
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy HELP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjistix View Post
if you are s-on i would recommend that you s-off your phone and supercid it so u can use the t-mobile roms, but yes you should be using 4EXT if you are S-ON to flash roms, if your stuck at the boot screen as long as you can get into recover there is hope.. just flash a different rom or relock ur bootloader and return to stock following one of my posts in this section about returning wind mobile to stock, if you need any further help just let me know
i need help I have the htc amaze also and when I go into 4ext recovery no matter what I do everytime I reboot it frezzes and s is on

Ninjistix
Old
Thanks Meter 93

DONATE TO ME
okay i understand your having a problem, but your missing some important information, what carrier are you on.. and what rom are you trying to flash..?
Current Devices
HTC Amaze 4G S-OFF - Speed Rom []Ruby[] (Wife)
Samsung Galaxy Note II - Jedi-X []T889[] (Mine)
-hit thanks to show your appreciation- Thank You
Old Devices

Samsung Galaxy S III []T999[] (Sold)
HTC Sensation []Pyramid[] (Back-up)
Samsung Galaxy Indulge []R910[] (Donated)
Samsung Galaxy S II []i9100[] (Returned)
HTC Amaze 4G []Ruby[] (Sold)

aliamankhan
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default HTC Ruby Stuck & Restart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjistix View Post
okay i understand your having a problem, but your missing some important information, what carrier are you on.. and what rom are you trying to flash..?

dear all.....Plz Help.

My HTC Ruby is on Stock Rom Gingerbread... i try to install CM10 on it through 4EXT S-On.....But when i flash CM10 on it the phone display appear after CM logo...Language Selection appear when i touch the screen Phone Hang and the restart after 1 or 2 mints. The i tried other custom roms on it (i-e Revolution HD) but it stuck on HTC logo or if i try any other source of CM10 same hang & restart happened.

Now my phone is useless its even not getting stock RUU.......HELP

ravike14
Old
Thanks Meter 1068

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliamankhan View Post
dear all.....Plz Help.

My HTC Ruby is on Stock Rom Gingerbread... i try to install CM10 on it through 4EXT S-On.....But when i flash CM10 on it the phone display appear after CM logo...Language Selection appear when i touch the screen Phone Hang and the restart after 1 or 2 mints. The i tried other custom roms on it (i-e Revolution HD) but it stuck on HTC logo or if i try any other source of CM10 same hang & restart happened.

Now my phone is useless its even not getting stock RUU.......HELP

I guess it's because you're lacking the ics firmware.. Flash a GB rom then you'll have a working rom.. You can't flash any ICS, JB rom without upgrading to ICS firmware.. Refer to AJ's ics upgrade thread in general section if you're feeling like upgrading your firmware from GB to ICS

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
My work :
[Kernel 3.4][Sense JB/AOSP JB] Ravike14-Kernel

HTC Amaze 4G related

Juopunutbear S-OFF
Super CID
bootloader unlocked
HBOOT : 1.93.2222
Latest Firmware