Unhappy [Q] Help! htc Amaze stuck at htc boot screen

OP sodambored

29th November 2012, 01:03 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
For the past week or so, I have been looking through this forum and looking for a solution. I have tried many but all have failed. I tried to flash the custom rom Energy but it won't load. I originally had stock Wind ICS rooted using hasoon's all in one tool.

EDIT: I fixed my phone by flashing a kernel but I don't understand why that worked. I was trying random stuff. If possible, can someone explain this to me why this might have fixed it?
Last edited by sodambored; 29th November 2012 at 01:49 AM.
29th November 2012, 02:26 AM   |  #2  
Flag Sacramento, Ca
Thanks Meter: 1,033

1,492 posts
More
Are you s-on? If so then that is why. If you are s-on then you need to be using 4ext recovery with smartflash enabled. Using any other recovery will not flash the kernel when you flash the Rom unless you are s-off

sent from my
NRGized amaze
powered by Faux
The Following User Says Thank You to aj_2423 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th November 2012, 02:56 AM   |  #3  
Flag NYC
Thanks Meter: 93

352 posts
Donate to Me
More
if you are s-on i would recommend that you s-off your phone and supercid it so u can use the t-mobile roms, but yes you should be using 4EXT if you are S-ON to flash roms, if your stuck at the boot screen as long as you can get into recover there is hope.. just flash a different rom or relock ur bootloader and return to stock following one of my posts in this section about returning wind mobile to stock, if you need any further help just let me know
13th December 2012, 07:02 AM   |  #4  

1 posts
Unhappy HELP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjistix

if you are s-on i would recommend that you s-off your phone and supercid it so u can use the t-mobile roms, but yes you should be using 4EXT if you are S-ON to flash roms, if your stuck at the boot screen as long as you can get into recover there is hope.. just flash a different rom or relock ur bootloader and return to stock following one of my posts in this section about returning wind mobile to stock, if you need any further help just let me know

i need help I have the htc amaze also and when I go into 4ext recovery no matter what I do everytime I reboot it frezzes and s is on
13th December 2012, 07:28 AM   |  #5  
Flag NYC
Thanks Meter: 93

352 posts
Donate to Me
More
okay i understand your having a problem, but your missing some important information, what carrier are you on.. and what rom are you trying to flash..?
6th March 2014, 11:29 AM   |  #6  
Flag Lahore

2 posts
More
HTC Ruby Stuck & Restart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjistix

okay i understand your having a problem, but your missing some important information, what carrier are you on.. and what rom are you trying to flash..?

dear all.....Plz Help.

My HTC Ruby is on Stock Rom Gingerbread... i try to install CM10 on it through 4EXT S-On.....But when i flash CM10 on it the phone display appear after CM logo...Language Selection appear when i touch the screen Phone Hang and the restart after 1 or 2 mints. The i tried other custom roms on it (i-e Revolution HD) but it stuck on HTC logo or if i try any other source of CM10 same hang & restart happened.

Now my phone is useless its even not getting stock RUU.......HELP
7th March 2014, 02:48 PM   |  #7  
Flag Colombo
Thanks Meter: 1,077

1,303 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliamankhan

dear all.....Plz Help.

My HTC Ruby is on Stock Rom Gingerbread... i try to install CM10 on it through 4EXT S-On.....But when i flash CM10 on it the phone display appear after CM logo...Language Selection appear when i touch the screen Phone Hang and the restart after 1 or 2 mints. The i tried other custom roms on it (i-e Revolution HD) but it stuck on HTC logo or if i try any other source of CM10 same hang & restart happened.

Now my phone is useless its even not getting stock RUU.......HELP

I guess it's because you're lacking the ics firmware.. Flash a GB rom then you'll have a working rom.. You can't flash any ICS, JB rom without upgrading to ICS firmware.. Refer to AJ's ics upgrade thread in general section if you're feeling like upgrading your firmware from GB to ICS

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

The Following User Says Thank You to ravike14 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread