Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,490 Members 50,834 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Take a look

Tip us?

jxcorex28
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
Default Take a look

I like the okay Google feature available for GEL but I use nova for the features and lose the ability for voice control UNLESS I long press menu and get to the Google now app..my question is..Is it possible to add the voice control features to nova without using GEL or long pressing a cap key ?

Sent from my LG-E970 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

sankcool
Old
Thanks Meter 12

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jxcorex28 View Post
I like the okay Google feature available for GEL but I use nova for the features and lose the ability for voice control UNLESS I long press menu and get to the Google now app..my question is..Is it possible to add the voice control features to nova without using GEL or long pressing a cap key ?

There are some alternatives but none of them work as well as the OK Google in GEL. The best solution IMO is Open Mic+, which even allows you to change the hot word (from OK Google to any other English phrase) and also activate Google Now by waving above your phone (though very buggy) or shaking the phone (also somewhat buggy). Additionally, Open Mic+ is always listening so you can activate in any app.

Another way to set up quick access through Nova is by going to Nova settings, selecting "Gestures and Buttons", and setting "Home Button" to Voice Search. This allows you to go directly into Google Now Voice search with just one regular short press of the home button.

Hope I helped.

-Sank

jxcorex28
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
I've used open mic+ when it first came out as a beta app and I wasn't overly impressed...I had an idea of using tasker to set up a task of using OK Google on top of nova launcher but I'm sure that can't be done BC I'm pretty sure OKG is part of GELs mainframe