Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,588 Members 48,020 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Updated TL Lt30a 9.1.F.1.120 boot user to remove bloatwares

Tip us?

Datboimarn3
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Updated TL Lt30a 9.1.F.1.120 boot user to remove bloatwares

I have just fortunately received and installed the update for my TL Lt30a (AT&T) v.4.1.2.
I used to have a root software loaded within the older version and had Root Explorer with SU from where I downloaded the root software from.

But with the new update, also came with the annoying bloatwares that compromised the battery life of my phone. I know there's a new feature that extends battery life, but I dont have the need or use for the AT&T apps.

Is there a new root software already available to remove these?

Or a site that I can be directed to the right direction and get the unwanted apps off from my phone.

Thank you,

Sorry if this was posted already before, but if there is a link to that thread that has already started commenting below would be just enough.

batman_112
Old
Thanks Meter 333

DONATE TO ME
How about searching first buddy? If you Google "Root Xperia T 4.1.2 or Jelly bean" I promise you will find your answer in less than 1 minute.

In any case. Go here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1886460

Good luck!
Why so serious?

augie7107
Old
Thanks Meter 159
Default Re: Updated TL Lt30a 9.1.F.1.120 boot user to remove bloatwares

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datboimarn3 View Post
I have just fortunately received and installed the update for my TL Lt30a (AT&T) v.4.1.2.
I used to have a root software loaded within the older version and had Root Explorer with SU from where I downloaded the root software from.

But with the new update, also came with the annoying bloatwares that compromised the battery life of my phone. I know there's a new feature that extends battery life, but I dont have the need or use for the AT&T apps.

Is there a new root software already available to remove these?

Or a site that I can be directed to the right direction and get the unwanted apps off from my phone.

Thank you,

Sorry if this was posted already before, but if there is a link to that thread that has already started commenting below would be just enough.
You can also simply disable the AT&T apps.

Sent from my LT30at using xda premium
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to augie7107 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Spectre51
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,331

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by augie7107 View Post
You can also simply disable the AT&T apps.

Sent from my LT30at using xda premium
Love this ability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datboimarn3 View Post
and BTW the AT&T model is the LT30at not LT30a which is for our northern neighbors.

Current Phones/Tablets:
Xperia Z2 // OnePlus One // Xperia Z Ultra // Lumia 1020 // Surface Pro
Accessories
Sony SmartBand // Sony Smart Wireless Headset pro MW1 // Smart Bluetooth Handset SBH52 // Z Ultra Power Cover CP12
Past Phones/Tablets:
iPhone 1st Gen/3GS/4S // Nexus One // Dell Streak // Atrix 4g // Lumia 900, 920 // Xperia Play, S, P, ion, TL, Z, Z1 // Xperia Tablet Z // iPad 1, 3

Click here for my Xperia firmware downloads.
Use the Thanks button if I helped.
The Following User Says Thank You to Spectre51 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Datboimarn3
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Always a pleasure to see Spectre51 and augie7107 comments.
You always learn something new.

But this is the link that was concise to what I was looking for that took longer than a min to google. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2191035

Guess I need to get a different internet service.

But for anyone else with AT&T and recently installed the new firmware. Hope the link above provides a simpler search on finding the solution to root your phone.

Good luck and credit to all that helped me out tons and with those affiliated within the link above.

Thank you

gregbradley
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 3,963

Follow the link to bin4rys thread that is in the link you provided and you will find your answer.

It is not hidden and is the first hit in my Google searches for rooting Xperia devices

Sent from my star trek communicator
Sony Flagship device circa 2145

How to get root on Xperia Z1 with KitKat 4.4.2, 4.4.3 & 4.4.4

If you are unsure, then read this.
If you are still unsure, watch this.

My contributions.
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. Sir Isaac Newton

[X10] | [NEO] | [Xperia T/TX] |
[Xperia Z1]
You are free to share my work, but please provide the correct credits and a link to my original thread.

scythekain
Old
Thanks Meter 16

Ics and jb let you disable apps without uninstalling them, and without having root.

Sent from my LT30p using xda app-developers app
Sony Xperia TL

Rom: CM10.X/AOSP Hybrid
rooted: YES!

Spectre51
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,331

DONATE TO ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by scythekain View Post
Ics and jb let you disable apps without uninstalling them, and without having root.

Sent from my LT30p using xda app-developers app
Only certain ones though. I have found some I wanted to disable but couldn't.

Sent from my Sony Xperia™ TL

Current Phones/Tablets:
Xperia Z2 // OnePlus One // Xperia Z Ultra // Lumia 1020 // Surface Pro
Accessories
Sony SmartBand // Sony Smart Wireless Headset pro MW1 // Smart Bluetooth Handset SBH52 // Z Ultra Power Cover CP12
Past Phones/Tablets:
iPhone 1st Gen/3GS/4S // Nexus One // Dell Streak // Atrix 4g // Lumia 900, 920 // Xperia Play, S, P, ion, TL, Z, Z1 // Xperia Tablet Z // iPad 1, 3

Click here for my Xperia firmware downloads.
Use the Thanks button if I helped.
The Following User Says Thank You to Spectre51 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pentaquine
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbradley View Post
Follow the link to bin4rys thread that is in the link you provided and you will find your answer.

It is not hidden and is the first hit in my Google searches for rooting Xperia devices

Sent from my star trek communicator
Sony Flagship device circa 2145
In bin4rys thread, the Xperia TL is not in the "confirmed device" list, (only T was there). Could you confirm that it works for TL (9.1.F.1.120) too?
Atrix 4G -> Xperia TL

gregbradley
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 3,963
Quote:
Originally Posted by pentaquine View Post
In bin4rys thread, the Xperia TL is not in the "confirmed device" list, (only T was there). Could you confirm that it works for TL (9.1.F.1.120) too?
probably, just try it, it wont damage your phone if it doesnt work

How to get root on Xperia Z1 with KitKat 4.4.2, 4.4.3 & 4.4.4

If you are unsure, then read this.
If you are still unsure, watch this.

My contributions.
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. Sir Isaac Newton

[X10] | [NEO] | [Xperia T/TX] |
[Xperia Z1]
You are free to share my work, but please provide the correct credits and a link to my original thread.