4th March 2014, 03:27 PM |#3  
Flag Prague
Thanks Meter: 237
Originally Posted by mixed nuts

Is it better than 4.1.2?

Definitely YES.
4th March 2014, 03:29 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 115
if you have to ask then i wouldn't. i don't gain anything over a good 4.1.2 rom in my opinion. i don't use all the spen features, the battery is the same, and i miss the dark email color. i don't use touchwiz, and other than a new settings menu i couldn't tell any difference from a customer 4.1.2 with perseus kernel.
5th March 2014, 10:44 PM |#5  
Flag nyc
Thanks Meter: 9
After a month of usage, here are my impressions:

Firstly, my N2 has Never been rooted- though I did have that 'Your phone has been modified; cannot update' bug. Yet, when the firmware was available OTA, it updated fine.

After 2 days of fooling around, memory usage didn't seem stable so I formated my phone.

1. I can move some apps to SD. I'm a big media user & space is important.

2. Some integrated apps can be turned off. Maybe a minimal option, but welcome nonetheless.

3. Battery & memory optimization appears somewhat improved. I think apps open quicker & my media in the Gallery refresh faster- though this could be all in my head.

4. Sometimes I use Samsung's default Video Player & now a Samsung Link icon is present during playback- it's quite useful to quickly stream the content I'm watching to my Smart TV.

1. Wakeup, turning on the phone, & restarting appears 2 seconds longer.

2. On low battery, I cannot manually adjust screen brightness.

3. The Video Player content list is now a blinding white background, unlike the Gallery which is black. (Don't understand why there isn't a option to change to a 'dark theme.')

4. New apps preloaded like Knox which I have no intention of running/using.

In closing, I do not use Touchwiz (on Nova), the default music app, the camera app, & yet to own a Gear device- so no impressions here.

I updated because I know the Note 2 is a VERY capable phone in terms of its hardware- I love this phone, no firmware will bring it down. I'll look forward to some decent software improvements when Kitkat hits.
6th March 2014, 01:55 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 0
Yes worth it =)
6th March 2014, 10:21 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 0
Yes, Ofcourse..
7th March 2014, 02:09 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 1
Yes, 4.3 is great

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
7th March 2014, 02:47 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 11
No, 10h of screen with a slim 4.1.2 rom and only 6h with the slimer 4.3 rom...

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Premium HD app
7th March 2014, 03:14 PM |#10  
Flag Brno
Thanks Meter: 53
go for 4.4.2
7th March 2014, 09:26 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 21
If battery is important 4.1.2 is way better. Being flashoholic i have tried everything and i cant find nothing beyond 4.1.2 with better battery. I have ancient nand backup from august last year with sotmax v10 and perseus kernel, its loaded with apps, and it smooth fast and efficient. Yeah newer roms are less clunky with few extra perks, but to me battery i get with older roms is much more satisfying.

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Previous Thread Next Thread