Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,687 Members 41,348 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Help with Wifi please

Tip us?

Heloooo
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Default Help with Wifi please

Hey XDA , Today I have come to you guys with a problem
My workplace has a authenticated WIFI network so what happens is I am connected to this network and in my settings it says a Proxy address , a proxy Port and Username and Password.

Now the browser works great however I have encountered an error with applications as none of them work.

Now before you guys says that this has been asked many times , I know it has because since around 3 weeks i am reading through forum posts but none of them applications work for me for example , Trans proxy , droid procy , sandro proxy .

My main question would be that is there a rom for the sensation which has authentication support throughout the phone including apps
and if that isnt possible then how would i fix my problem.

The information i know about the network is :

The Proxy Hostname
The Proxy Port
My Username
My password.

Thanks for you help guys!
HTC Sensation / Rom: [UnORom][4.4.4] CarbonRom / kernel 3.4.82 jenkins / S-Off (Non HTC DEV wire trick )/ Root/ 4EXT recovery

I thank : AndroidSupporter318,Skipjacks,Jeanz Sensation,ganeshp and rzr86 ( Without these guys my HTC would be HTC sensation, S-on Stock).

Spare Phone : HTC HD2 ( Typhoon CM7 , Gingerbread) , a great thanks to hitman1376 for helping me fix the lag issues that I had with the mobile and also helping me fix other issues such as screen of death .

Thanks hitman1376!!

NextGenGTR
Old
Thanks Meter 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heloooo View Post
Hey XDA , Today I have come to you guys with a problem
My workplace has a authenticated WIFI network so what happens is I am connected to this network and in my settings it says a Proxy address , a proxy Port and Username and Password.

Now the browser works great however I have encountered an error with applications as none of them work.

Now before you guys says that this has been asked many times , I know it has because since around 3 weeks i am reading through forum posts but none of them applications work for me for example , Trans proxy , droid procy , sandro proxy .

My main question would be that is there a rom for the sensation which has authentication support throughout the phone including apps
and if that isnt possible then how would i fix my problem.

The information i know about the network is :

The Proxy Hostname
The Proxy Port
My Username
My password.

Thanks for you help guys!
Hey, my school has the username and password authentication thing and i changed the proxy authentication 2 from none to MHSVP2 or something like that but remember it has a 2 at the end or authentication number 2 but there is a advanced setting option which says MHSCVP2.

Heloooo
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by NextGenGTR View Post
Hey, my school has the username and password authentication thing and i changed the proxy authentication 2 from none to MHSVP2 or something like that but remember it has a 2 at the end or authentication number 2 but there is a advanced setting option which says MHSCVP2.
Hi , I have tried to find an option which says MHSCVP2 or something like that but in settings>wireless network connections i cant find anything like that .

It would be really helpful if you could provide a little bit more information or maybe a screenshot of the setting.

Thanks For your reply!
HTC Sensation / Rom: [UnORom][4.4.4] CarbonRom / kernel 3.4.82 jenkins / S-Off (Non HTC DEV wire trick )/ Root/ 4EXT recovery

I thank : AndroidSupporter318,Skipjacks,Jeanz Sensation,ganeshp and rzr86 ( Without these guys my HTC would be HTC sensation, S-on Stock).

Spare Phone : HTC HD2 ( Typhoon CM7 , Gingerbread) , a great thanks to hitman1376 for helping me fix the lag issues that I had with the mobile and also helping me fix other issues such as screen of death .

Thanks hitman1376!!