Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,408 Members 53,016 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] gallery

Tip us?

patelomi
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] gallery

I have galaxy grand duos ver 4.2.2
when I have going to open my phone gallery its take load. I have memory card of 10class 8gb. and I also root my phn. I also formate my phn bt still the same problem. is there any solution for gallery??
please hlp me

jackeagle
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,108
Quote:
Originally Posted by patelomi View Post
I have galaxy grand duos ver 4.2.2
when I have going to open my phone gallery its take load. I have memory card of 10class 8gb. and I also root my phn. I also formate my phn bt still the same problem. is there any solution for gallery??
please hlp me
Stock gallery app has a bug due to which it has loading issue...Best idea is to disable or remove it and then download a app QUICKPIC and make it has default its Awesome app..
MY WORKS

Rom's

AICP [I9082] , [Mi3]
Liquidsmooth [I9082]
Nameless [i9082] , [Mi3]
Spirit Rom [I9300] , [N7000]

Carbon Rom [ Xiaomi Mi 3]

Guides

Android Rom Development
Bootanimation

The Following User Says Thank You to jackeagle For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

patelomi
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackeagle View Post
Stock gallery app has a bug due to which it has loading issue...Best idea is to disable or remove it and then download a app QUICKPIC and make it has default its Awesome app..
how to remove gallery and how to make quickpic as a default. please explain

iceyhotguy
Old
(Last edited by iceyhotguy; 14th March 2014 at 02:40 AM.)
Thanks Meter 720
Quote:
Originally Posted by patelomi View Post
how to remove gallery and how to make quickpic as a default. please explain
It's better if you just Disable it, in that case you can Enable it again if you don't like the change.
To Disable : Go to Settings > Applications > All Applications > Find Gallery > Disable

To Remove: Open any root explorer (like ES File Explorer). Mount the /system partition. Navigate to /system/app, Find Gallery2 (or SecGallery) and you can remove it by deleting it out of there.
Please keep in mind that you can only come back from this by flashing a new ROM, restoring it with Titanium like app or flashing a zip file containing the Gallery with CWM.

Considering you are on stock, the older 4.1.2 and 4.2.2 have Camera app installed with the Gallery application. so removing or disabling the Gallery might also remove the Camera. This doesn't happen after November 2013 builds (MK3), since November Camera and Gallery are two different applications.
The Following User Says Thank You to iceyhotguy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]