Thread Closed

New HTC One - Should I sell it?

OP J. Clarkson

8th March 2014, 05:43 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 7

294 posts
Hi all,

I bought the HTC One yesterday, I got a good deal cut price of 210 I'm in the UK (London). I previously had the Nexus 4, but I wanted something better looking, this phone certainly fits the bill. I posted on the suggest device thread before, most recommended the HTC One a week ago.

Today, I'm reading some threads in the HTC One section and it looks scary the amount of problems all kinds people are experiencing.

What is the root of all these problems? Is it to do with custom ROMs? I'm a simple user, I've never used anything but default/STOCK what the phone comes with.

The phone is still brand new. Should I sell it next week, get my money back and buy a Nexus 5?

If I don't update to 4.4.2 will it be safe to use?

Please advise, asap, thanks.

I'm referring to posts like cracking sounds with the speaker, loud speaker turning on by itself, purple tint on camera.
9th March 2014, 07:12 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 1,644

1,035 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Clarkson

Hi all,

I bought the HTC One yesterday, I got a good deal cut price of 210 I'm in the UK (London). I previously had the Nexus 4, but I wanted something better looking, this phone certainly fits the bill. I posted on the suggest device thread before, most recommended the HTC One a week ago.

Today, I'm reading some threads in the HTC One section and it looks scary the amount of problems all kinds people are experiencing.

What is the root of all these problems? Is it to do with custom ROMs? I'm a simple user, I've never used anything but default/STOCK what the phone comes with.

The phone is still brand new. Should I sell it next week, get my money back and buy a Nexus 5?

If I don't update to 4.4.2 will it be safe to use?

Please advise, asap, thanks.

I'm referring to posts like cracking sounds with the speaker, loud speaker turning on by itself, purple tint on camera.

If you don't mod your phone, it's unlikely you'll run into any of the problems people here talk about. Get the Nexus 5 if you want it, but don't sell the One just because people have a lot of problems with it. It's a really great device and you just bought it so not really worth it.
9th March 2014, 12:16 PM   |  #3  
Forum Moderator
Flag Jumpston Junction
Thanks Meter: 2,562

3,187 posts
There are 3 threads devoted to discussions about devices, please repost your question in one of these three threads: The what should I buy thread or the The Device Suggestion Thread or the The Device Comparison Thread.

Thanks!
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread