Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Keyboard issue ?

OP solowkey

9th March 2014, 12:41 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4

13 posts
I imagine i have missed something simple, but since i have had my Moto G back the keyboard is different,

I'm missing the long press options for punctuation, the numbers are there but nothing else ?

The phone updated to latest after i got it back , factory reset then installing bits again but then noticed keyboard and cannot find options for this.

I have always used these long press keys and never installed anything extra or changed any settings so this is confusing, i have another 4.4.2 device and they are there on that too.

Has this been removed on Moto G now ? if so any suggestions for free replacement keyboard with long press punctuation ?
9th March 2014, 12:48 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 32

108 posts
They are there, but they aren't indicated anymore. They seem to be grouped together like the bracket symbols. If they can be long pressed, when you long press them there will be "..." in the bottom right corner. I think you can reduce the delay before they show in the settings for the keyboard somewhere.
The Following User Says Thank You to eastdata For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th March 2014, 12:57 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4

13 posts
almost , but i got it now.

I was trying them anyway and they dont work , like for example i think 'K' was for ? , but it does nothing.

The point on the dots ... was spot on though , any key with options has them at bottom right - all your basic punctuation is under the full stop key . , hold it down and you can select .?!:",# which is actually better, just have to get used to it.

I guess this change came with the latest moto g firmware, i cant see anything on change log though.... https://motorola-global-en-uk.custhe...13/action/auth

Thanks for the hint eastdata.
The Following User Says Thank You to solowkey For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th March 2014, 01:13 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 32

108 posts
No worries.

I'm trying to wrap it around my head too. I couldn't find the "<>" symbols. :P

Thanks for the link, I didn't realize that the OTA was a free download.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread