Can't boot into twrp, help!

OP Norside

9th March 2014, 09:39 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag A place south in the north!
Thanks Meter: 131

390 posts
More
Hello! I rooted via ioroot, and installed twrp today with the app called "freegee". But when I try to boot into the twrp recovery the lg logo just go through 2 times before the phone starts and boot up (the phone is working fine), but I can't access twrp! Can I just try to flash twrp in flashify and try that?

Btw I do have root, I have checked it

Any help is appreciated!
9th March 2014, 09:47 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 3

22 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norside

Hello! I rooted via ioroot, and installed twrp today with the app called "freegee". But when I try to boot into the twrp recovery the lg logo just go through 2 times before the phone starts and boot up (the phone is working fine), but I can't access twrp! Can I just try to flash twrp in flashify and try that?

Any help is appreciated!

I tried all the hardware combinations suggested on the forum, but was unable to boot into TWRP (using CM11's advance reboot to get into recovery does work).

After LOTS of experimentation, I was able to get into TWRP using the hardware buttons by doing this:

Power Off entirely
Boot by pressing Power + Vol-Down
... wait for LG logo to come up, but dont let go of the buttons [this is where my attempt differed from the other instructions that suggested letting go of Power + Vol-Down and pressing it again]
LG logo will very quickly go away and the screen will be off again
THEN start it up by pressing Power + Vol-Up [normally Vol-Up is for download mode]
It will show the factory reset screen ... press the power button 3 times, and it will go into recovery

I don't know why the above method worked for me, or if this will work for you (or anyone else), but this is the only way I was able to get into recovery. In case it's relevant, I have an LS980 (Sprint).
The Following User Says Thank You to SuperZing For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th March 2014, 09:47 PM   |  #3  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Florida
Thanks Meter: 1,497

2,538 posts
More
Quote:

Any help is appreciated!

how are you trying to boot into recovery? I myself can't get the button combination to work and use titanium backup or freegee to boot into recovery
The Following User Says Thank You to XxZombiePikachu For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th March 2014, 09:58 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

390 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxZombiePikachu

how are you trying to boot into recovery? I myself can't get the button combination to work and use titanium backup or freegee to boot into recovery

Thanks! It worked now, I just couldn't find out how the button combination was then,..thanks to both of you
9th March 2014, 10:01 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

390 posts
More
One last question, when I take a nandroid, do I just backup my system, boot, and recovery to backup a working rom, or do I need to backup data too? Because my data is on 3,2 gb and I don't have space for that lol
9th March 2014, 11:23 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 23

66 posts
More
Quote:

Thanks! It worked now, I just couldn't find out how the button combination was then,..thanks to both of you

You can also download TWRP manager and use the reboot option to boot into recovery. Don't have to try and time the hardware buttons.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread