Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,098 Members 46,723 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Impression i7 Tablet

Tip us?

Woostyle
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Arrow [Q] Impression i7 Tablet

I was recently shopping for a knock-around tablet and came across leaderinternationalinc dot com this little guy at Kmart. Yep, I said Kmart. When I asked the price and they told me $129, I said SOLD!.

So far it's been average in performance and had to do some trickery to get some apps installed (Android/Amazon Market, Pandora, Google Talk, etc.) and am still having some difficulty installing other apps. It seems as if they really want you to use their market and apps, some of which are okay, I guess. I got Netflix installed, but the audio/video isn't in sync and everything is a hue of blue. Might be a Flash Player issue - also which I can't seem to update.

Anyway, the bad news is I can't find a way to get in to bootloader or able to root this tab with oneclick. Hopefully they didn't lock this thing down to hard.

Additionally, since the screen is resistive, using a stylus makes it a bit easier to navigate. Worth the money so far!

I'm praying the brilliant dev brains here at XDA will purchase this one and create a simple root/rom that allows me to take this thing to the next level!

Anybody out there?

lufc
Old
Senior Moderator / Resident Priest
Thanks Meter 1485

DONATE TO ME
Please use the Q&A Forum for questions Thanks
Moving to Q&A
Pay attention and participate,Encourage,
not discourage, Listen to advice and accept instruction,
and in the end you will be wise.......... Prov. 19:20
The Following User Says Thank You to lufc For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Woostyle
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Sorry... Still a bit of a noob in forums. Where exactly was this moved to? Search provided no results. On a side note, did you buy one of these yet? ;&mdash

Thanks.

Sent from my i7 using XDA App

Theonew
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1054
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woostyle View Post
Sorry... Still a bit of a noob in forums. Where exactly was this moved to? Search provided no results. On a side note, did you buy one of these yet? ;&mdash

Thanks.

He's a mod and he already moved it to the correct forum.

Woostyle
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Link?

basitmemon786
Old
Thanks Meter 3
i need link too same as my issue ?? Sent from my i7 using XDA App

??????? please give me link

br

Woostyle
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default We're heeeerrrree

Looks like it's the same, but in a new place.

We're heeerreeee basit....

Were you able to get the standard Market installed on it? I was able to get it along with Pandora, Google Voice and a couple others (Netflix not working well) with a little trickery. Still can't get Google Talk and a few other things like an updated Flash.

If I can get a plain vanilla Froyo on this I would give this cheap little tab a solid B.

Woostyle
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
#bonus
I know this doesn't have anything to do with my original [Q], but I thought I would share anyway...

I contacted Impression about another AC adapter... 1 isn't enough...
After I registered my device, they shipped me another for free!

Any devs out there for this one?

xxnitro123
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 0
just return it and get another one, a tablet thats $129 is probably not going to be great at that price.. other than the time hp touchpads were $99 :P

Woostyle
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Yeah, it's not the snappiest device I've owned, but makes a great desk-side companion. Mainly use it for Pandora, Weather, IM and a few other things...I'm generally still happy with it although I know it won't replace my primary device. Having the (free) second AC adapter is nice so I don't have to carry that back and forth. 2 hours of streaming music kills the battery dead.
Stay plugged in with this one.

Still hoping, praying that a dev picks one of these up...

Tags
impression, impression i7, rom, root