Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,293 Members 38,556 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Newbie needs your help.

Tip us?
 
markslo112
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 117
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Ljubljana
Default Newbie needs your help.

I've been wanting to have Android 4.4.2 on my Note 3 N9005 for a long time and my Carrier still hasn't released official 4.4 update. I've had enough waiting and want to root and install a custom 4.4 rom on my Note 3 N9005(international). Would anyone be so kind to give me detailed information on how to do so, or at least point me in the right direction. I've also got a few questions.

1. Is there any way to leave Knox not tripped?
2. Is there any way to downgrade from a custom ROM to my official 4.3 rom if I'll need my garrancy?

Thanks in advance!
 
xclub_101
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 306
Posts: 1,090
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by markslo112 View Post
I've been wanting to have Android 4.4.2 on my Note 3 N9005 for a long time and my Carrier still hasn't released official 4.4 update. I've had enough waiting and want to root and install a custom 4.4 rom on my Note 3 N9005(international). Would anyone be so kind to give me detailed information on how to do so, or at least point me in the right direction. I've also got a few questions.

1. Is there any way to leave Knox not tripped?
2. Is there any way to downgrade from a custom ROM to my official 4.3 rom if I'll need my garrancy?

Thanks in advance!

On N9005 there is no way back. Knowing that you must really analyze the benefits vs losses/risks. Which for instance for me at this point do not justify the move (but I am rooted and I already have 99% of what 4.4 brings).
N9005 Universal Root De La Vega / Mobile Odin Pro, Knox 0x0, MJ7
 
markslo112
Old
#3  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 117
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Ljubljana
Quote:
Originally Posted by xclub_101 View Post
On N9005 there is no way back. Knowing that you must really analyze the benefits vs losses/risks. Which for instance for me at this point do not justify the move (but I am rooted and I already have 99% of what 4.4 brings).

Are you suggesting that I should stay on my stock ROM and wait for 4.4? I've read things about 4.4 and a lot of people say it's a lot better than 4.3, faster, etc. I'm really tired of waiting, my carrier sucks.
 
nlatifolia
Old
#4  
nlatifolia's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 35
Posts: 155
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Malang, Indonesia

 
DONATE TO ME
If you just want to have 4.4.2 and stay official, pick one of any released official 4.4.2 firmwares available to flash.
 
Dejan Sathanas
Old
#5  
Dejan Sathanas's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 2597
Posts: 1,211
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Hell
Spoon feeding at it's finest...

Sent from my N9005
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7piTcDllnY
 
markslo112
Old
#6  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 117
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Ljubljana
Quote:
Originally Posted by nlatifolia View Post
If you just want to have 4.4.2 and stay official, pick one of any released official 4.4.2 firmwares available to flash.
Alright, but do I need to be rooted or do I need to have a custom recovery before flashing via Odin? Will flashing an official ROM trigger Knox to 0x1 or will it leave it unchanged because I don't want my garrancy void?
 
ione2380
Old
#7  
ione2380's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 21
Posts: 103
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Brasov
@markslo112 you don't need nothing but your phone, usb cable and pc to flash with odin. Flashing an offcial rom will NOT trigger Knox!

Sent from Note 3 Superphone!
 
markslo112
Old
#8  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 117
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Ljubljana
Quote:
Originally Posted by ione2380 View Post
@markslo112 you don't need nothing but your phone, usb cable and pc to flash with odin. Flashing an offcial rom will NOT trigger Knox!

Sent from Note 3 Superphone!
Ok that's good to hear. If I flash 4.4, will I still be able to install a custom recovery and then a custom Rom? I'm just asking because if I get tired of stock 4.4. Also, is it safe to flash via Odin? I don't want my phone to get bootloops or anything.
Thanks!
 
nlatifolia
Old
#9  
nlatifolia's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 35
Posts: 155
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Malang, Indonesia

 
DONATE TO ME
I think before you do anything to your phone for the good of yourself you better stop posting and do more reading instead in this forum. You will confuse yourself by asking more and seems not knowing what you are asking about.
 
hey_joe
Old
#10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 305
Posts: 1,067
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by markslo112 View Post
Ok that's good to hear. If I flash 4.4, will I still be able to install a custom recovery and then a custom Rom? I'm just asking because if I get tired of stock 4.4. Also, is it safe to flash via Odin? I don't want my phone to get bootloops or anything.
Thanks!
You will be able to install custom recovery/rom but it will trip your knox.

It is safe but do some reading maybe even watching a video or two on youtube to familiarize yourself on which files goes to which slot. Also, you won't be able to roll back to 4.3 at this time once you go to 4.4.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes