FORUMS
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] Restoring CM11 NANDroid After Brick

9th March 2014, 10:57 AM |#1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Hi guys,

I tried searching for it but can't seem to find the answer.
I made multiple backups (on the SD card) using CWM while on CM11 before I tried to flash a custom kernel.
That kernel soft-bricked my phone. To get my phone working again, I used flashtools to flash a stock ROM.

Question: At what point can I restore using the backup made?
Can I restore as soon as I have CWM on my phone again or do I have to have cyanogenmod on it again etcetc

Cheers
 
 
9th March 2014, 12:00 PM |#2  
omegahanggara's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Jakarta
Thanks Meter: 155
 
More
Yes you can. By the way, what recovery did you use to backup back then?

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to omegahanggara For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th March 2014, 12:58 PM |#3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by omegahanggara

Yes you can. By the way, what recovery did you use to backup back then?

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

I used CWM
I've read that I need to use CWM to do the restore?
9th March 2014, 01:00 PM |#4  
omegahanggara's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Jakarta
Thanks Meter: 155
 
More
Yes, buddy. Just flash any kernel that have CWM recovery. Then you can restore your previous backup.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to omegahanggara For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th March 2014, 01:06 PM |#5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by omegahanggara

Yes, buddy. Just flash any kernel that have CWM recovery. Then you can restore your previous backup.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

cool thanks. it worked and now everything is good and dandy
however - there is no sim reception "emergency calls only"
something to do with IMEI/EFS?
Last edited by vnblueberry; 9th March 2014 at 01:32 PM.
9th March 2014, 01:37 PM |#6  
omegahanggara's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Jakarta
Thanks Meter: 155
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vnblueberry

cool thanks. it worked and now everything is good and dandy
however - there is no sim reception "emergency calls only"
something to do with IMEI/EFS?

Try to flash 136 FW. Wipe everything. Then do restore. Hope this help.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to omegahanggara For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Xperia Z1 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank