Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,261 Members 51,142 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Back up/Restore

Tip us?

sshafranko
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1694
Default Back up/Restore

What is everyone using to back up and restore apps and app data? Ive used Titanium in the past but always had some type of issue when restoring data so I stopped restoring altogether and I have been reinstalling all my apps through the Playstore. I also have Rom Tool Box installed but have not tried it to restore yet.

Is there an app out there that works great restoring apps and data and if so which one. Thanks

Sent from my SM-N900T

a2441918
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3293

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by sshafranko View Post
What is everyone using to back up and restore apps and app data? Ive used Titanium in the past but always had some type of issue when restoring data so I stopped restoring altogether and I have been reinstalling all my apps through the Playstore. I also have Rom Tool Box installed but have not tried it to restore yet.

Is there an app out there that works great restoring apps and data and if so which one. Thanks

Sent from my SM-N900T
Use mybackup pro from play store. Always the best.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to a2441918 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sshafranko
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1694
Have you used it more than once? Also did you restore data without any problems?

Sent from my SM-N900T

Jfree3000
Old
Thanks Meter 224
Titanium, one of the 1st apps I bought when I got my evo 4G/1st smartphone. I use the scheduled backup function everyday at 4.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Jfree3000 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

V@no
Old
Thanks Meter 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jfree3000 View Post
Titanium, one of the 1st apps I bought when I got my evo 4G/1st smartphone. I use the scheduled backup function everyday at 4.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
Ever since I bought N3, TiB never worked for me, at least scheduled backup didn't. It takes less then 10 seconds for it finish backing up apps with new data, and when I sort by new backups, I see most apps where not backed up at all.
I've sent several emails to developers, but it's like sending it to a black hole, no responses.
It's a shame really, as TiB used to be the best.

Hellium is a good alternative too, especially if you are planning not doing root for a while, but it fails to backup/restore a lot too.
The Following User Says Thank You to V@no For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

BACARDILIMON
Old
Thanks Meter 654
Quote:

Sent from my SM-N900T
My back up pro. Works great. Best if use the donate version

TWEAKED 2.0 ELEMENT V3.0 NOTE 3
NOTE 3 TWEAKED
The Following User Says Thank You to BACARDILIMON For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sshafranko
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1694
Thanks guys gonna try MBUP tonight and see how it does. I never had any luck restoring data.

Has anyone restored their app and data from 4.3 to KK yet? If so was it ok or did you have to do anything different?

Reason I ask is because going from 4.1.2 to 4.3 I and many or all others I should say had an issue woth TIBU and the TIBU restore app was created.

Sent from my SM-N900T

sshafranko
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1694
For the guys using My Backup is there any integration with Dropbox like Titanium? Im about to dish out the 5 bucks but jist curious about dropbox. Thnks

Sent from my SM-N900T

sshafranko
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1694
Quote:
Originally Posted by BACARDILIMON View Post
My back up pro. Works great. Best if use the donate version

Randy no issues restoring data? Im scared from Titanium.

Sent from my SM-N900T

BACARDILIMON
Old
Thanks Meter 654
Quote:
Randy no issues restoring data? Im scared from Titanium.

Sent from my SM-N900T
None bro. I hit you up on hangouts

NOTE 3 TWEAKED

The Following User Says Thank You to BACARDILIMON For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]