FORUMS

Swappa’s New App Helps You Value Your Device

There comes a sad time in everyone’s life where you must part ways with your … more

Xiaomi Sold 34.7 Million Phones In 6 Months

2015 has been a phenomenal year for Xiaomi so far. With a stellar rise in 2014, 2015 saw … more

Sprint Reacts To Jab From T-Mobile

America’s cellular network space has always been a battle of the big four: Verizon, AT&T, … more

Floating Apps with Rovers – XDA App Review

There are a lot of great launchers to help customize your phone. Some Launchers allow … more

[GUIDE][MOD] [I9500]WHITE Themed APK --UPLOADED [Flashable Zip Attached]

2,841 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,543

By grgsiocl, Senior Member on 22nd June 2013, 02:49 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Apart from secsettings, I will also post a guide to other apk's so that themers can make a VRtheme! It will work on all the variants of Galaxy S4. Though the changes look huge, but it is pretty small only...so dont be scared by looking at code! It is tested on GT-I9500 MF3 FW. I have also attached a secsettings.apk for I9500 (MF3 FW) flashable zip for deodexed rom.

Anyway major change is very simple all we need to change is from Theme.DeviceDefault to Theme.DeviceDefault.Light. This is only change which controls all other apks apart from some png's. So themers can give a try.

Some hidden secrets for themers:

1. You can make the entire apk / rom/ fraemwork to white by just modyfying the styles.xml from Theme.DeviceDefault to Theme.DeviceDefault.Light

2. To make any app to work in full window (I mean to hide statusbar), all we need to do is add a following line at the beginning of styles.xml and by default the app works in full window

PHP Code:
<style name="Theme" parent="@*android:style/Theme.DeviceDefault.Light">
<
item name="android:windowFullscreen">true</item>
</
style
Download Link

This flashable zip works only with GT-I9500 deodex roms only. If you have odex, then delete the odex files and then flash the zip. I have not tested on any other variants, so odnt scream on me if it doesnt work. Only call recording mod is not enabled, which i will upload today evening. Mirrors are welcome. For secsettings.apk, the download link is avaibale at the bottom of this post.

Download for all other apks

Task Manager in White

Secsettings in white for GT_I9500

Screenshots

TO- DO

1. Music Player Done
2.Keyboard Partially Done and it will be done tonight hopefully
3. Phone.apk Done
4. Seccontacts.apk done
5. Secmms.apk done
6. Framework Partially Done
7. Secsettings.apk done

Must Have

1. Apktool
2. Some knowledge about compiling and decompiling
3. 7zip
4. notepad++
5. backsmali

Screenshot

Target File

SecSettings.apk

Changes to be done!

1. Decompile the attached secsettings.apk and navigate to drawable folder and copy the following png's to your secsettings.apk
  • smartnetwork_bar_off.9.png
  • tw_divider_ab_holo_light.9.png
  • tw_preference_contents_list_divider_holo_dark.9.pn g

2. Navigate to drawable-xxhdpi and copy the following png's to your secsettings.apk
  • tw_divider_ab_holo_light.9.png

3. Navigate to values folder and make following changes

from

PHP Code:
<style name="SetupWizardTheme_phone" parent="@*android:style/Theme.DeviceDefault" />
    <
style name="SetupWizardTheme1" parent="@*android:style/Theme.DeviceDefault"
to

PHP Code:
<style name="SetupWizardTheme_phone" parent="@*android:style/Theme.DeviceDefault.Light" />
    <
style name="SetupWizardTheme1" parent="@*android:style/Theme.DeviceDefault.Light"
from

PHP Code:
<style name="Theme.CreateShortCut" parent="@*android:style/Theme.DeviceDefault.DialogWhenLarge" />
    <
style name="setup_wizard_theme" parent="@*android:style/Theme.DeviceDefault"
to

PHP Code:
<style name="Theme.CreateShortCut" parent="@*android:style/Theme.DeviceDefault.Light.DialogWhenLarge" />
    <
style name="setup_wizard_theme" parent="@*android:style/Theme.DeviceDefault.Light"
from

PHP Code:
<style name="TextAppearance.PagerTabs" parent="@*android:style/TextAppearance.DeviceDefault.Small"
to

PHP Code:
<style name="TextAppearance.PagerTabs" parent="@*android:style/TextAppearance.DeviceDefault.Light.Small"
from

PHP Code:
<style name="SettingsTheme" parent="@*android:style/Theme.DeviceDefault" />
    <
style name="SettingsTheme.Dialog" parent="@*android:style/Theme.DeviceDefault.Dialog" />
    <
style name="SettingsTheme.Dialog.NoWindowDisplay" parent="@*android:style/Theme.DeviceDefault.Dialog"
to

PHP Code:
<style name="SettingsTheme" parent="@*android:style/Theme.DeviceDefault.Light" />
    <
style name="SettingsTheme.Dialog" parent="@*android:style/Theme.DeviceDefault.Light.Dialog" />
    <
style name="SettingsTheme.Dialog.NoWindowDisplay" parent="@*android:style/Theme.DeviceDefault.Light.Dialog"
from

PHP Code:
<style name="SettingsTheme.NoActionBar" parent="@*android:style/Theme.DeviceDefault.NoActionBar" />
    <
style name="SettingsTheme.DialogWhenLarge" parent="@*android:style/Theme.DeviceDefault.DialogWhenLarge" />
    <
style name="SettingsTheme.Panel" parent="@*android:style/Theme.DeviceDefault.Panel" />
    <
style name="SettingsTheme.Dialog.Alert" parent="@*android:style/Theme.DeviceDefault.Dialog.Alert" /> 
to

PHP Code:
<style name="SettingsTheme.NoActionBar" parent="@*android:style/Theme.DeviceDefault.Light.NoActionBar" />
    <
style name="SettingsTheme.DialogWhenLarge" parent="@*android:style/Theme.DeviceDefault.Light.DialogWhenLarge" />
    <
style name="SettingsTheme.Panel" parent="@*android:style/Theme.DeviceDefault.Light.Panel" />
    <
style name="SettingsTheme.Dialog.Alert" parent="@*android:style/Theme.DeviceDefault.Light.Dialog.Alert" /> 
from

PHP Code:
<style name="Theme.OffloadDialog" parent="@*android:style/Theme.DeviceDefault.Dialog"
to

PHP Code:
<style name="Theme.OffloadDialog" parent="@*android:style/Theme.DeviceDefault.Light.Dialog"
from

PHP Code:
<style name="TabTheme" parent="@*android:style/Theme.DeviceDefault"
to

PHP Code:
<style name="TabTheme" parent="@*android:style/Theme.DeviceDefault.Light"
from

PHP Code:
<style name="Theme.WifiP2PDialog" parent="@*android:style/Theme.DeviceDefault.Dialog.Alert"
to

PHP Code:
<style name="Theme.WifiP2PDialog" parent="@*android:style/Theme.DeviceDefault.Light.Dialog.Alert"

Download Link for GT-I9500_SECSETTINGS_WHITE_MF3

Feel Helped, Press Thanks! Any one free to use this with due credits and link to this thread
Last edited by grgsiocl; 23rd June 2013 at 02:17 PM.
The Following 45 Users Say Thank You to grgsiocl For This Useful Post: [ View ]

22nd June 2013, 02:54 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kurnool, Andhra Pradesh

More
reserved
The Following User Says Thank You to grgsiocl For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd June 2013, 03:36 PM |#3  
Forum Moderator / Recognized Themer
Nottingham
Thanks Meter: 3,275

More
Worked perfect, thank you, that saved me some time to find out where the xmls were, massive help for my new theme..
The Following User Says Thank You to Rixsta For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd June 2013, 03:46 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rixsta

Worked perfect, thank you, that saved me some time to find out where the xmls were, massive help for my new theme..

I tried all other apks and everything is coming white with small change in xml. I guess you can try as well! Tonight i will try to edit the framework as well (oops I just done it and need to change the secondary color and framework is also done), in the mean time, here you go the myfiles...still the work needs to be done though...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-06-22-20-18-03.jpg
Views:	1262
Size:	9.9 KB
ID:	2061462
Last edited by grgsiocl; 22nd June 2013 at 03:50 PM.
22nd June 2013, 03:47 PM |#5  
Forum Moderator / Recognized Themer
Nottingham
Thanks Meter: 3,275

More
I use vrtheme but i cant use that for settings because the value folder is hidden in the apk

Any help with that please mate ?
22nd June 2013, 03:49 PM |#6  
Flag subsurface
Thanks Meter: 134

More
Does your guide also only work for Deodexed Rom?
22nd June 2013, 03:51 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:

Please make white music player and keyboard if possible..
22nd June 2013, 03:54 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dong2007

it wworks with odexed as well, because i am not making any changes in classes.dex, hence you can follow the guide with no problems... Let me reveal the secret..

all the apks and framework xml's needs to be changed from Theme.DeviceDefault to Theme.DeviceDefault.Light in styles.xml and twseconadry and primarycolors needs to be changed. Thats all, you will have white theme of entire samsung ROM

Another Hidden secret! TO make any app to work in full window. Navigate to styles.xml and add the following line

<style name="Theme" parent="@*android:style/Theme.DeviceDefault.Light">
<item name="android:windowFullscreen">true</item>
</style>
Last edited by grgsiocl; 22nd June 2013 at 03:57 PM.
22nd June 2013, 03:55 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dong2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by jashir101

Please make white music player and keyboard if possible..

white music player is already done and working on keyboard right now...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-06-22-20-26-34.jpg
Views:	1112
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	2061489
Last edited by grgsiocl; 22nd June 2013 at 03:58 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to grgsiocl For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd June 2013, 04:00 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

I use vrtheme but i cant use that for settings because the value folder is hidden in the apk

Any help with that please mate ?

Bro, i am not much in to themeing, I am only interested in coding...but somehow (I love white though) i got motivated to make this theme by editing xml files...i guess, you can contact vertumus , propably he can help you...

edit: I guess it can be done, as i remember DARKY ROM / ALLIANCE ROM scripts works like vrtheme and they use the same for themeing...i will check tonight
Last edited by grgsiocl; 22nd June 2013 at 04:06 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread