FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

Top Forum Discussions

Should i buy it to start developing for it?

1,570 posts
Thanks Meter: 787

By coldflid, Senior Member on 20th February 2014, 07:25 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Well i've been considering going back to developing for a few months, however a few things have been stopping me from doing this, but to keep it short: for now i'm going to do it as a hobby so i'm not planning on buying an expensive phone (as i don't own an android phone right now), my contract ends this week and i can get a new Moto G for around 72 euros which i consider is a great price. So here are my doubts:
Is the community good for this phone? I've wandered around its forum a few times and so far i have a good impression, but i'd really want to know the users opinions
Do you think it's worth it and i could take advantage of this phone? I personally think its a great phone for this as its pretty much stock and for what i've seen support is quite good, but i just want to make sure

Thanks a lot, and i know this questions might seem stupid but i'd really use some help
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to coldflid For This Useful Post: [ View ]

20th February 2014, 07:59 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldflid

Well i've been considering going back to developing for a few months, however a few things have been stopping me from doing this, but to keep it short: for now i'm going to do it as a hobby so i'm not planning on buying an expensive phone (as i don't own an android phone right now), my contract ends this week and i can get a new Moto G for around 72 euros which i consider is a great price. So here are my doubts:
Is the community good for this phone? I've wandered around its forum a few times and so far i have a good impression, but i'd really want to know the users opinions
Do you think it's worth it and i could take advantage of this phone? I personally think its a great phone for this as its pretty much stock and for what i've seen support is quite good, but i just want to make sure

Thanks a lot, and i know this questions might seem stupid but i'd really use some help

Yes, do it!
The community is big and nice, and the phone is very nice!
A big advantage is the nearly stock android.
Have a nice day!
20th February 2014, 08:08 PM |#3  
Flag Cham
Thanks Meter: 198

More
The phone is in Germany always out of stock. I think many people bought this phone all over the world. So the forum will grow!

Do it! Please
20th February 2014, 08:23 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
The more developers the better
There are a lot of people with the moto g and if you can get it that cheap I really suggest you buying it.
21st February 2014, 10:57 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bl4ckL3gend

Yes, do it!
The community is big and nice, and the phone is very nice!
A big advantage is the nearly stock android.
Have a nice day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWTR

The phone is in Germany always out of stock. I think many people bought this phone all over the world. So the forum will grow!

Do it! Please

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilco375

The more developers the better
There are a lot of people with the moto g and if you can get it that cheap I really suggest you buying it.

I'm probably going for it, thanks a lot for the help
The Following User Says Thank You to coldflid For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st February 2014, 02:03 PM |#6  
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 34

More
Yes my friend! Do it!

Its a great phone with great support!
22nd February 2014, 08:46 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thumbs up
Yes please do! This phone is amazing for the money. It's a snappy beautiful device. More roms would be fantastic!
19th March 2014, 11:38 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Should be arriving next week or so, i guess i'll give a try at making a rom after a few weeks, really looking forward to this =) Quite an amazing phonee for the price
19th March 2014, 12:11 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Great to see another developer getting onboard.
Really looking forward for your contribution.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mickeyvdb For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th March 2014, 02:00 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Good choice! The Moto G is a nice phone for a low price, and one of the reasons I bought it is to try to develop for it as well Compiling CM11 for it as we speak.
The Following User Says Thank You to GuzTech For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th March 2014, 05:30 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 1,184

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuzTech

Good choice! The Moto G is a nice phone for a low price, and one of the reasons I bought it is to try to develop for it as well Compiling CM11 for it as we speak.

please share your works in xda

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)