Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,305 Members 44,554 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Can I install original JB?

Tip us?

xwalero
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Question Can I install original JB?

Hi, I need to install JB 4.1.2 or something like that, but the original one... or some custom rom with minimal changes. This is because I need to know the built-in options of this version of Android, so yeah, I need the "boring" version.
The thing is, I have a custom kernel [2.6.29.6-nAa-14] on E15i (and thus, baseband), so I don't know if I need to do anything else.

Thanks.

amir_ph
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Default yo sir

Quote:
Originally Posted by xwalero View Post
Hi, I need to install JB 4.1.2 or something like that, but the original one... or some custom rom with minimal changes. This is because I need to know the built-in options of this version of Android, so yeah, I need the "boring" version.
The thing is, I have a custom kernel [2.6.29.6-nAa-14] on E15i (and thus, baseband), so I don't know if I need to do anything else.

Thanks.
you can't install the official jellybean update in x8 because there's no official jb update in our x8. you can try a custom rom like cm9-11 wich runs a unofficial jb rom. I know they works great because our x8 developpers for custom rom is superb. you can see it in our development board.
The Following User Says Thank You to amir_ph For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

TheScriptKitty
Old
Thanks Meter 87

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by xwalero View Post

Thanks.
I don't know what you mean by Original Version. Our phone only got Officially updated to Android 2.1 by Sony and to 2.3.7(CM7) officially by CyanogenMod. The closest thing you might get to "Original" if you want to get Jelly Bean 4.1.2 would be MiniCM10 or JB Mini Project. You will need to Upgrade you Kernel to 2.6.32.61-nAa-06 for MiniCM10 and to 2.6.32.60-nAa-05 kernel for JB Mini Project.

MiniCM10: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1836116
JB Mini Project: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1789713
The Following User Says Thank You to TheScriptKitty For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]