XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Neoprene sleeve

Tip us?

woody1
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 76
Default Neoprene sleeve

I like to use a neoprene sleeve (or something similar) for traveling with a tablet. Has anybody found one that fits well? Most of the ones I've found are either too big or possibly a little too small. Seems like one designed for an e-reader might work.

Zarrick19
Old
Thanks Meter 37
I bought for my G Pad a 8" Yarvik sleeve, but as almost every 8" tablet, the Yarvik sleeve is designed for those squarer 8" (our G Pad is more like a rectangle). So in for height the G Pad fits great, but in width there is a lot of empty place, so the tablet inside is moving to the sides. Still better than nothing though...
LG G Pad 8.3 - 4.4.2, 32GB Sandisk MicroSD, Snapdragon 600 Inside
ZTE Grand X IN - Stock 4.0, 16GB Kingston MicroSD, Intel Inside
Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Mini - MiniCM7, 8GB Kingston MicroSD, Qualcomm MSM7227 Inside
Sennheiser IE80, Audio Technica CKM55, HisoundAudio E212, Acer TimelineX 5820TG, X-Mini

skaaj2110
Old
Thanks Meter 0
http://www.ebay.com/itm/251341043545...84.m1439.l2649

No Neoprene but fits perfect

muffnman
Old
(Last edited by muffnman; 4th December 2013 at 04:05 PM.)
Thanks Meter 63

DONATE TO ME
wrong thread - please delete.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	folio.jpg
Views:	798
Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	2432843  

mnemix
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Samsung 7-8" Pouch Stand

It's not a sleeve pocuh, but I love its functionality and cost (in Spain 10-15). It's available in 3 colors, I have grey and lime, for my Galaxy Tab 7.7 and for my G-Pad 8.3. The Galaxy Tab 7.7 fits perfectly, but the LG is a bit taller than pouch, about 5mm. It fits very good, but maybe the top of the tablet exceed over the pouch.

I recommend you the pouch because its functionality, the size is not a real problem for me.

"Samsung Stand Pouch 7-8" (I can't post links because I'm newbie).

woody1
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by skaaj2110 View Post
I ordered that one. Hope to get it on Monday. It looks good. I also ordered an IVSO one, but won't get it for a couple of weeks. I'll have to see which one I like better.

woody1
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by skaaj2110 View Post
I bought this one and it arrived today. Big disappointment. It's very tight and it's hard to get the tablet in and out. It's pretty much useless as a stand, and the flap does not close when the device is in the case. I put in a return request already.

cbb77
Old
Thanks Meter 90
Here are a couple that I am looking at.

This one kind of looks good but concerned it may be too big / bulky.
http://www.amazon.com/Optimus-Protec...s=lg+g+pad+8.3

This one appears to be more of a pouch / case to accommodate accessories along with the tablet. Nice but pricey. Still tempted though
http://www.sfbags.com/products/table...ase-tablet.php

This last one is actually designed for the Mac Wireless keyboard. I actually own one of these and the G Pad fits perfect width wise, but the sock is too tall / long by about 2 1/2 inches. It can be folded in if desired. It's nice material and soft. Still a little pricey in comparison to the first one.
http://www.sfbags.com/products/keybo...ard-socket.php

Tough deciding. May go with the last one if I can convince my daughter to shorten it and sew the end back up for me.

ragtime
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I've got this one: <amazondedomain>/gp/product/B008H3MOY2/ref=oh_details_o05_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Though maybe only available in germany and not made of neoprene but some fabric (which I like much more, btw). Fits rather tight in length and has 1-2cm space in width, i.e. seems to be meant for some 7" tablets.

Sorry for the missing amazon.de domain... my first post and i'm not allowed to specify external links...😢

Intub8
Old
Thanks Meter 201
I got this one at 5 below in New Jersey. It is a perfect fit but I did have to remove the Velcro from the inside and make a strap to latch it shut.

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1387055244135.jpg
Views:	432
Size:	141.3 KB
ID:	2454873Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1387055263856.jpg
Views:	369
Size:	116.2 KB
ID:	2454874

Sent from my LG-D800 using XDA Premium HD app