Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,165 Members 43,978 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Stuck in Splash Screen.

Tip us?

srinia
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Stuck in Splash Screen.

Just bought this refurbished phone and flashed it to pageplus. Got every thing working on the phone with the stock rom (4.1.1)

Unlocked the boot loader, rooted. But did not do take the necessary steps for S-OFF.

The current status is as below

s-on
hboot-1.15.000
twrp recovery installed

Now when i flashed a CM 11/10.2 roms from the below link with the provided gapps i got stuck on the splash screen on reboot.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2151105

In the process i erased my stock rom back up too.

I did wipe the dalvik, data and system before flashing the rom. I tried the CM 11 and 10.2 roms and their gapps from the above link.

Not sure what i missed while flashing.

Now i am able to get to twrp screens but not sure what to do to get past the splash screen when i reboot. Any guidance is much appreciated.

Evolution_Freak
Old
Thanks Meter 327
Being that you are S-on, you will need to flash the kernel separately. Either via fastboot or an app called flash image GUI. This step is necessary for any AOSP ROM but not for sense based, S-on friendly ROMs.

EVOlved human
In the age of information, ignorance is a choice.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Evolution_Freak For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Magnum_Enforcer
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1810

DONATE TO ME
Hit the top link in my sig for more info.

Sent from my EVO LTE
The Following User Says Thank You to Magnum_Enforcer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

srinia
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Thank you atheistevofreak and FinZ28.

That gives me a couple of options to try. Will update how it went once it try these later today.

FinZ28 - I have read the s-on section of your post and that gave me some hope. Thank you for the great write up. I will dig to understand more on kernel flashing. Your post does have some pretty good information on that too.

Magnum_Enforcer
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1810

DONATE TO ME
You're quite welcome:thumbup:

If I were you, I'd look into the Facepalm S-off method. It's actually quite simple and very beneficial to do.

Sent from my EVO LTE
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Magnum_Enforcer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

srinia
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinZ28 View Post
You're quite welcome:thumbup:

If I were you, I'd look into the Facepalm S-off method. It's actually quite simple and very beneficial to do.

Sent from my EVO LTE
Sure FinZ28 - That will be the next step once i get this up and running.

srinia
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by atheistevofreak View Post
Being that you are S-on, you will need to flash the kernel separately. Either via fastboot or an app called flash image GUI. This step is necessary for any AOSP ROM but not for sense based, S-on friendly ROMs.

EVOlved human

Got the meanbean rom installed as you suggested. Every thing is up and running. The meanbean thread had some good information on how to do this for S-ON phones. Thanks a lot.
The Following User Says Thank You to srinia For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Magnum_Enforcer
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1810

DONATE TO ME
When you're ready to take the plunge and get S-off, take a look at my post in the link below:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=48339416

I wrote another, more detailed guide on how to use Facepalm but at the moment I can't locate the post.

Sent from my EVO LTE